Hi all,

Just wanted some advice. Obtained my double entry tourist visa from Laos in March, as I came through the boarder checkpoint at Nongkhai to come back into Thailand the immigration official didn't read my visa properly. He assumed it was a single entry and to my horror he stamped "used'' accross the visa! As soon as he did this he realised his mistake and saw that the number of entries was down as 2. He immediately crossed out the used stamp and wrote something in Thai underneath. After asking a Thai friend apprantly this translates as "Yang mai dai chai" = Still not entered (I think?).

I have to go to immigration Monday for the 30 day extension so I will check all is ok with them. Maybe they will issue me with a letter to give to boarder control at Mai Sai. Just a tad concerned that the boarder staff at Mai Sai won't recognise his mistake and refuse me the 2nd entry that I'm entitled to.

After asking a Thai friend apprantly this translates as "Yang mai dai chai" = Still not entered (I think?).

It means "have not used yet". Lopburi3 will be along shortly to fill in the rest. :o

Immigration took care of the mistake - you should not have any problem and can explain what happened if asked.

Yes, shouldn't be a problem. It is an obvious mistake and should be rectified easily. I once was given only 7 days (which was a mistake) to remain in Thailand (crossing at Nongkai Border Imm) and i didn't realise that until 3 days later. Went back to imm and they gladly sort it out for me. Not much hassle here for me as I have moved to Nongkhai to be closer to them. :o

Don't worry about it. The same thing happened to me a few months ago.

I didn't notice until a few days later so I went to Chiang Mai immigration to ask about it. The guy there merely crossed out the word 'used' and didn't even write anything else underneath it. When I went to Mai Sai to activate the second entry there wasn't a problem. The woman on the desk had a look at it but then gave me my second 60 days without even mentioning it.

was at Suan plu yesterday to get a 7 day extension after finishing my employment. The application form came back with a big red stamp saying "disapproved", but they still issued the visa. Stamping mistake ? Didn't seem to matter.