Foreign/thai Couples

McGinty

I'll probably get hammered into the ground for saying this.......but I'm saying it anyway :D

I think Foreign men with Thai girls look odd together, kind of mismatched. Whenever I see Foreign couples together they look so right and comfortable and ease with each other and the same when I see Thai couples together.

There, I've said it :o:D:D

McGinty

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably get hammered into the ground for saying this.......but I'm saying it anyway :D

I think Foreign men with Thai girls look odd together, kind of mismatched. Whenever I see Foreign couples together they look so right and comfortable and ease with each other and the same when I see Thai couples together.

McGinty

Dang Right, God Dang inter-raced couples!

Hammered? No... but you are showing an ugly side of yourself.. but as they say... up to you!

McGinty

McGinty

Yes, the same as Rednecks and computers.

I'll probably get hammered into the ground for saying this.......but I'm saying it anyway B)

There, I've said it :D:D:D

McGinty

:o:D:D:D

IMO it's not how they "look" that is mismatched... I know plenty of interracial couples who are perfectly matched. If anything, those who are truly mismatched are the ones who are mismatched on a socio-economic level: these are commonly the couples where one person is more like a maid or prison cook and/or the other the stereotypical walking or homestay (for the really old/disabled/handicapped ones) ATM for the extended family.

:o

There, I've said it :D:DB)

McGinty

:o:D:D:D

Now that was funny!! :D

I believe that there is some element of truth to the idea that we all contain a little bit of Julius Caesar's breath. With people living within one nation, over a period of some hundreds of years it is fairly certain that their ancestor's blood-lines will have crossed each other a few times, so to be 'pure' anything is really bordering on being inbred. :o("Extremely low genetic diversity and resulting poor sperm quality....")

Genetic diversity is the key to survival of the fittest, the greater pot bellied farang with his small brown wife are likely to produce successful off-spring. The pairing might look odd to your eyes but nature welcomes the resultant children - cross any races and you do end up with beautiful people. For Example.

As humans we tend to start pairing off based on looks - all the children from mixed marriages that I have met seem to be growing up with this advantage.

McGinty

And removed all doubt.

Perhaps the OP has simply observed miss matched couples who happen to be of mixed race.

If it is true that the basis and beginnings of a significant number of Thai/Foreign relationships differ from the basis and beginnings of general Thai/Thai or British/British (insert any nationality/race of you wish) relationships then it is not un reasonable, racist, or redneck to observe the outward appearance of these relationships.

That would simply be an observation.

But also, and the OP needs to consider his part in this. It is also the case that "observation" and certainly 'Comment' often has an impact upon that which is being observed (a whole branch of Scientic theory attached to that) ... So, the OPs needs to perhaps accept that his observations and his comments may be playing a part in the apparent missmatch he is observing.

Perhaps the couples he observe are uncomfortable, because and only because he his observing them.

I myself suspect a mixture of both of these issue.

Are there that many people who want to be couples of any kind these days. The people who look most comfortable to me, remembering that I am only a visitor in Thailand, albeit a frequent one, are the ones who swan around solo.

There, I've said it :D:D:D

McGinty

haha men have got nothing in common with women, at the end of the day we only need 1 thing from them ahh if life was that simple do u know what wife stands for: Washing Ironing <deleted> Etcetra :o

In the words of the great poet John Cooper-Clarke

I fell in love with an alien being

whose skin was jelly - whose teeth were green

she had the big bug eyes and the death-ray glare

feet like water wings - purple hair

I was over the moon - I asked her back to my place

then I married the monster - from outer space

The days were numbered - the nights were spent

in a rent free furnished oxygen tent

where a cyborg chef served up moon beams

done super rapid on a laser beam

I needed nutrition to keep up the pace

when I married the monster from outer space

We walked out - tentacle in hand

you could sense that the earthlings would not understand

they'd go, nudge nudge when we got off the bus

saying it's extra-terrestial - not like us

and it's bad enough with another race

but fuc_k me, a monster from outer space

In a cybernetic fit of rage

she pissed off to another age

she lives in 1999

with her new boyfriend - a blob of slime

each time I see her translucent face

I remember the monster from outer space

she lives in 1999

Christ, that brought back memories. I'm feeling p*ss*d off now because I left that album behind with my mate when I moved here! :o

she lives in 1999

Christ, that brought back memories. I'm feeling p*ss*d off now because I left that album behind with my mate when I moved here! :o

Aqua's greatest hits? :D

I feel that if there is a big age difference then the couple often looks mismatched. Has anyone else noticed that there are a lot of young westerners in Thailand at the moment who are dating older Thai women?

god i just looked at the wife,she isnt british shees thai1and my son is half cast ,i thought we looked ok together,15 years down the drain

40 years for my parents at least. All that time, and they looked akward together. Many thanks for letting me know!

As for me, I'm a bloody half cast.

While The OP probably has some issues about interracial couples. I will say many of the farang/thai "couples" you see here look mismatched, not on merit of their race, but on merit of other features like insane age gaps, one is hideous while the other is attractive, or mabey the girl is dressed like a hoe and is walking around with some guy that looks like he ran straight down to Nana after leaving the office and barfined her like 20 min ago. These types are always a laugh.

The pairing might look odd to your eyes but nature welcomes the resultant children - cross any races and you do end up with beautiful people.

Not only do you not always end up with beautiful people, sometimes you end up with relatively crippled economies despite vast natural resources (like say Brazil and Mexico).

:o

.. I feel that if there is a big age difference then the couple often looks mismatched...
Agreed, a large disparity in age is likely to draw more attention than an ethnic mismatch. :o Edited by cobra

.. I feel that if there is a big age difference then the couple often looks mismatched...
Agreed, a large disparity in age is likely to draw more attention than an ethnic mismatch. :o

I have commented on this before after a bout of people watching at the night bazaar. The huge mismatch in age is only part of it. The thing that i have noticed, not only here but in the USA as well, is two ton tonies married to 40 kg girls and vise versa. The looks department is not to be missed either. As in fairly decent looking blokes walking with butt ugly girls and girls that should be a model in a magazine with some hideous looking guy.

These are the type of mismatches that i have noticed here in thailand but i also noticed them in the USA. Not as much as here though.

You mean “one hot + one not”? I think "it is just like looking in the mirror!" for many farangs here in thailand

To the OP: But why waste the time talking about other people’s lives? :o

Edited by teacup