Up Date On 2005 Heroin Bust Phuket

newtronbom

I don't believe everything I read in newspapers, but just like I don't believe everything I read in a web forum.

If you have no PROVE* that the OP is guilty for the Thailand case with heroin...you better stop making your hidden accusations and leave him alone. What you are doing is dirt cheap and you're acting like a coward, acting as an anonymous person on a web forum....

I'm sure you have better things to do.

* the OP and his wife were released from prison after 22 months by a Thai Judge and found innocent of being part in the smuggling case of 40 kgs of heroin. Anyone....ANYONE...who is released from prison in Thailand after such heavy accusations has a very strong case he/she was NOT involved.

So...back off and try to be a gentleman not a hyena.

LaoPo

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Googler,

I can see that you have a reading and comprehension problem with this forum topic.

Try this:

Line 3 says,

Quote "BTW, what is your other nic on this forum and why have two nics, ashamed about something?"

Now, go and stand in the "Naughty Corner"

One more question: Why do you want to kick someone who is down?

Note; just to help you, that Q was on the 7th line!

Quite honestly; You are behaving like a Troll.

Lao is correct.

Good riddance to you.

Edited by GungaDin

Dear Googler,

I can see that you have a reading and comprehension problem with this forum topic.

Try this:

Line 3 says,

Quote "BTW, what is your other nic on this forum and why have two nics, ashamed about something?"

Now, go and stand in the "Naughty Corner"

One more question: Why do you want to kick someone who is down?

Note; just to help you, that Q was on the 7th line!

Quite honestly; You are behaving like a Troll.

Lao is correct.

Good riddance to you.

I don't mind Googler's inputs. I find it rather amusing how all the past details that were found online were very minor and not relevant to the accused case.....And OJ was found not to be guilty too...... does that mean the press stopped 'hounding' him?

By the way, we all, including myself are hiding behind 'handles' (i.e. "nic"), isn't this correct?

I am not sure that I would be publishing anything or kicking up much dirt until the appeal is over. If you make the courts and police look bad, you might find the prosecution winning the appeal just to save face and show you who is boss.

Thanks. I am worried about that myself. How to try and make a dollar without upsetting the big guys. I have stuck to the facts without trying to make them look bad, so they should no complaints so far. There are so many things that they did and said about us that I have not printed here, which will come out eventually, but you are correct in that I must be very careful right now. I appreciate your concern and thanks for your support. Mitch

If you try believe he only paid a fine for swallowing 755 grams of heroin and being caught on arrival in Japan then that is your choice.

OOOPS! now suddenly he swallowed Heroin and not Hashish? :D

my personal feeling is "GET LOST AND GET A LIFE GOOGLER!" :o

I don't believe everything I read in newspapers, but just like I don't believe everything I read in a web forum.

If you have no PROVE* that the OP is guilty for the Thailand case with heroin...you better stop making your hidden accusations and leave him alone. What you are doing is dirt cheap and you're acting like a coward, acting as an anonymous person on a web forum....

* the OP and his wife were released from prison after 22 months by a Thai Judge and found innocent of being part in the smuggling case of 40 kgs of heroin. Anyone....ANYONE...who is released from prison in Thailand after such heavy accusations has a very strong case he/she was NOT involved.

LaoPo

Thanks LaoPo. The conviction rate for drug offences at the Ratchada Court Bangkok, where we were sentenced, is over 98%. You do not get the benefit of doubt in a Thai court. You are either innocent, or very guilty. We did not know which way it would go, right up till the moment we were set free - despite the assurances of our lawyer! I dont think the judge would have told me about my right to sue the police, if they (there were 4 of them) were not completely satisfied that we were not guilty. The judges were very hostile toward us at the beginning of our trial. After the first couple of days however, they all swung in our favour, when they saw the "quality" and lack of police evidence. Wish I had a video of the court proceedings. It was great viewing, even though we were scared for our lives. Literally!! Mitch.

LaoPo

I find it funny that people get upset when someone suggests that there might be something more to a story of a convicted drug smuggler being found innocent of another drug smuggling case.

I see on TV all the time people that are requesting information or help with something and people start assuming that they are lying and not telling all the truth. People on TV come up with all sorts of ideas and alternate stories to the actual stories that people post all the time.

Edited by jstumbo

I find it funny that people get upset when someone suggests that there might be something more to a story of a convicted drug smuggler being found innocent of another drug smuggling case.

I see on TV all the time people that are requesting information or help with something and people start assuming that they are lying and not telling all the truth. People on TV come up with all sorts of ideas and alternate stories to the actual stories that people post all the time.

Mystery quote of the day... :D Don't tell me you understand yourself what you write, do you ? :o

LaoPo

May I at the risk of the wrath of some here, ask a question, which may have been answered but I've missed in the discourse. At the time of the arrest I recall it was claimed by the police that the accused had been found guilty of heroin smuggling in Taiwan and had been incarcerated there, prior to arriving in Phuket, is that correct?

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

Mystery quote of the day... laugh.gif Don't tell me you understand yourself what you write, do you ?
Well, the first part of the post is easy enough to understand. And he even has a point as well.

As someone else has said, aren't we all anonymous here?

If you are going to be picky with words and how I phrase things you need to be aware that courts do not find people innocent. People are presumed innocent. They go to court and it is up to the prosecution to meet the standard of proof (ie guilty beyond reasonable doubt). If the prosecution does not the evidentary standard, the person is acquitted. They are not proven innocent.

As someone else has said, aren't we all anonymous here?

If you are going to be picky with words and how I phrase things you need to be aware that courts do not find people innocent. People are presumed innocent. They go to court and it is up to the prosecution to meet the standard of proof (ie guilty beyond reasonable doubt). If the prosecution does not the evidentary standard, the person is acquitted. They are not proven innocent.

You are unbelievable. I really hope for your own sake that you will never end up in a nasty situation with the police, especially in Thailand, whether your own fault or not.

In the unfortunate case it does happen to you I guarantee you will think about these words. Karma will come over you...always ! :o

LaoPo

• 2 weeks later...

"It defies belief you didn't serve jail time in Japan and you were only charged with possession.

You don't have to believe me on strict Japan is. See this excerpt:"

Amigo!

I will contradict your statement about strict Japan - Mr GoogleMan.

If you Google more - you will find,that.....Japan is strange;how do you see this story,straight from Tokyo courtroom:

About 2 yrs ago young Swiss woman traveling in Malaysia accepted job - to go to Tokyo,all expenses paid,and bring suitcase

with some jewellery.To facilitate this,she was given ..... an empty suitcase.

Japanese Customs had discovered 3 kilos of ice in it.

She claimed,that ...... she was absolutly unaware of its hidden contents.Fullstop.

It was all,what she had for her defence.

Judge believed her,she was declared not guilty,prosecutor appealed but lost,lucky Swiss lady after 2 yrs of troubles had

been send home - about 2 months ago.The maximum penalty for meth in JP is:LIFE.

WHAT DO YOU SAY?????

WHAT DO YOU SAY?????

It's a weird world :D

Japan roasted for planting drugs to test airport sniffer dogs

2008/05/27

Japanese customs officers were sharply criticised today for planting 142 grams of cannabis in the bag of a Hong Kong passenger to test a sniffer dog that then failed to find the drugs.

The unsuspecting Cathay Pacific passenger walked out of Tokyo’s Narita International Airport with the drugs after an officer stuffed it into the side pocket of a black suitcase to test the animal.

The unauthorized test on Sunday went embarrassingly wrong when the dog failed to detect the cannabis and the officer responsible forgot which bag he had put it in.

An appeal had to be issued asking the passenger to return the drugs. The official involved was reprimanded for planting the drugs.

Officials said today that the drugs had been recovered but did not give details of whether the passenger involved was traced or whether he or she contacted customs officers to return the cannabis.

Hong Kong Secretary for Security Ambrose Lee said the incident was a breach of all customs protocol and said the government would express its concern to Japanese officials.

The executive director of the Hong Kong Travel Industry Council, Joseph Tung, said such acts would endanger passengers and said a strong letter or protest would be written to the Japanese government.

“We are shocked at this,” Tung told the government-run radio station RTHK.

”Such training exercises should be stopped at once. It is totally unacceptable.”

A spokeswoman for Hong Kong’s Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd also expressed concern over the incident and said the airline should be informed of any such drill or exercise in the future.

The 38-year-old Japanese customs officer responsible for the planting of the drugs told reporters in Tokyo the dogs had always been able to find the drugs when similar exercises had been done in the past.

The officer was quoted by a television network as saying: “I knew that using passengers’ bags is prohibited, but I did it because I wanted to improve the sniffer dog’s ability.” -

http://www.dispatch.co.za/article.aspx?id=206441

Fortunately:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...5002700,00.html

What an idiots.

WHAT if it would have been a passenger in transit to Singapore, Malaysia...Thailand ? :o:D :D

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

I hate the drugs scene full stop. :o

Petty the OP's previous misdemeanours didn't occur somewhere else........Singapore, United Arab Emirates etc.

but the OP didn't smoke the ganja. he only swallowed it! :D

I agree and that's why I wrote when the Japanese planted the drugs -my previous message-:

"WHAT if it would have been a passenger in transit to Singapore, Malaysia...Thailand ? "

Do you have an answer to that; I'm curious...?

I suppose the innocent carrier just would have told the customs/police/judge that he/she didn't know anything about the (planted) drugs and it was planted by Japanese authorities ? :D

LaoPo

I agree and that's why I wrote when the Japanese planted the drugs -my previous message-:

"WHAT if it would have been a passenger in transit to Singapore, Malaysia...Thailand ? "

Do you have an answer to that; I'm curious...?

Well it appears they were planted on an incoming passenger; still I don't condone this 'test' irrespective of whether the passenger was entering or leaving Japan.

I suppose the innocent carrier just would have told the customs/police/judge that he/she didn't know anything about the (planted) drugs and it was planted by Japanese authorities ? :D

Well, I'd certainly hope that the Japanese authorities would have been forthcoming with evidence for the defence.

LaoPo

If I were the passenger in question, I'd certainly be tempted to sue them.

Whilst related to the OP, perhaps this story deserved a thread of its' own - sorry if there is one & I missed it.

First of all, Mitch congratulations with attaining your freedom, although i'm not sure how lucky you are after spending time in bombat. Lets hope luck will return.

Secondly, to all those righteous persons out there ('google guy' comes to mind), did you ever stop to consider it is not about right or wrong at all but about a person and his family who have found themselves in a life threatening situation...in thailand, and came out of it..alive!

Thats heroics!

Whatever the truth is, I dont care! And neither should you, it's not your business. Just read the thread, try to be helpfull, if not, keep it to yourself. (have you got no decency??)

It's not about his priors either, why would you even care, it's not your life. Why would you, after all these people have been through try and make his situation more difficult. For fuc_k sakes, the guy is trying to get his life back and there you are playing <deleted> detective and feeling all smart and superior coz you found something out about his past which he, with all rights, did not feel the need to tell the whole bloody world (the press done that job already for him).

Who the fuc_k do you think you are, I seriously wonder what it is that drives you to act the way you did on public forum. Have you got no personal life of your own thats even half that eventfull as our main subjects is, maybe its a bit of jealousy that drove you towards this?

Anyway, it's probably not even your fault, perhaps your parents were a bit too conservative or you just had the wrong genes, whatever it is dont bother others with your disposition pls. We already have enough of those on this planet and we dont need you to make matters worse, try and understand instead of judge, maybe even smoke some grass, chill.

p.s.

Could you pls send me your full name and address so we can have decent exchange of thoughts on this subject, i'd really appreciate it.

Kind regards.

First of all, Mitch congratulations with attaining your freedom, although i'm not sure how lucky you are after spending time in bombat. Lets hope luck will return.

Secondly, to all those righteous persons out there ('google guy' comes to mind), did you ever stop to consider it is not about right or wrong at all but about a person and his family who have found themselves in a life threatening situation...in thailand, and came out of it..alive!

Thats heroics!

Whatever the truth is, I dont care! And neither should you, it's not your business. Just read the thread, try to be helpfull, if not, keep it to yourself. (have you got no decency??)

It's not about his priors either, why would you even care, it's not your life. Why would you, after all these people have been through try and make his situation more difficult. For fuc_k sakes, the guy is trying to get his life back and there you are playing <deleted> detective and feeling all smart and superior coz you found something out about his past which he, with all rights, did not feel the need to tell the whole bloody world (the press done that job already for him).

Who the fuc_k do you think you are, I seriously wonder what it is that drives you to act the way you did on public forum. Have you got no personal life of your own thats even half that eventfull as our main subjects is, maybe its a bit of jealousy that drove you towards this?

Anyway, it's probably not even your fault, perhaps your parents were a bit too conservative or you just had the wrong genes, whatever it is dont bother others with your disposition pls. We already have enough of those on this planet and we dont need you to make matters worse, try and understand instead of judge, maybe even smoke some grass, chill.

p.s.

Could you pls send me your full name and address so we can have decent exchange of thoughts on this subject, i'd really appreciate it.

Kind regards.

If you take the time to read through the OP's statements and responses you will see that it was like a press release with only the good bits included and "glossing over" of the bad bits trying to garner sympathy and support. When he was rightly challenged on the inconsistencies made in some of his statements the responses were inadequate and contradictory.

All in all I probably think the guy wishes he had just kept his mouth shut as a lot negatives has come out of this thread for him than positives and that is why you dont see any more posts from him on here.

Perhaps before asking for someones name and address you would be kind enough to supply your own. Also an anger management course probably would do any harm either.

Secondly, to all those righteous persons out there ('google guy' comes to mind), did you ever stop to consider it is not about right or wrong at all but about a person and his family who have found themselves in a life threatening situation...in thailand, and came out of it..alive! I'm sorry, but it is about right & wrong; if the OP is guilty - he deserves to have his life taken, let alone be in a life threatening situation.

Thats heroics!

Whatever the truth is, I dont care! And neither should you, it's not your business. Just read the thread, try to be helpfull, if not, keep it to yourself. (have you got no decency??) You may not care, but some of us do. The OP made it our business by starting this thread.

It's not about his priors either, why would you even care, it's not your life. Why would you, after all these people have been through try and make his situation more difficult. For fuc_k sakes, the guy is trying to get his life back and there you are playing <deleted> detective and feeling all smart and superior coz you found something out about his past which he, with all rights, did not feel the need to tell the whole bloody world (the press done that job already for him). If he didn't want TV members digging up his past; he shouldn't have started the thread.

Who the fuc_k do you think you are, I seriously wonder what it is that drives you to act the way you did on public forum. Have you got no personal life of your own thats even half that eventfull as our main subjects is, maybe its a bit of jealousy that drove you towards this? And who exactly are you? I suspect you're the one who's jealous.

p.s.

Could you pls send me your full name and address so we can have decent exchange of thoughts on this subject, i'd really appreciate it. That could be considered a threat.

Kind regards.

Hello. I'm back. No. I havn't disappeared with shame or anything like that. I managed to find a few days work and earn a few baht that we really need, that's all. I see the debate is still raging. My post was after all, just a way of trying to clear the bad name I got and set the record straight. It was not intended as a retrial, as some of you seem set on doing. One of the toughest courts in the world, found us innocent and set us free. THAT IS A FACT. That's all I wanted to say. I thank the many people who have stood up for us, and for the good help and advice we have received as a result of this post, and it is the majority of you. I feel sorry for those few souls, who have, with practically no information, tried to do what the court in Thailand, thankfully did not do, with the wealth of information THAT WAS available to them. Cheers to those of you who took this as it was meant to be. Tough luck and get a real life, to those of you who didn't!!

I think it is well past time to close this post. Not because I am loosing - we didn't and from what most of you say, we havn't. But because it has gone way off the track of what I started out. I don't need to prove myself to anyone - unlike some of you here. Surviving and keeping my sanity after over two years in hel_l, is proof enough for me! I am off to try and find some more work (legal) and try to get our lives back to gether. Cheers. Mitch Newton :o

Thats heroics!

p.s.

Kind regards.

If you take the time to read through the OP's statements and responses you will see that it was like a press release with only the good bits included and "glossing over" of the bad bits trying to garner sympathy and support. When he was rightly challenged on the inconsistencies made in some of his statements the responses were inadequate and contradictory.

All in all I probably think the guy wishes he had just kept his mouth shut as a lot negatives has come out of this thread for him than positives and that is why you dont see any more posts from him on here.

Perhaps before asking for someones name and address you would be kind enough to supply your own. Also an anger management course probably would do any harm either.

You still dont get it do you, and I dont get it either, a persons who tries to be so carefull with his wordings but still being able to majorly fuc_k up in grasping the essence of the predicament we're talking about, let alone the reality we are living in. Do you really need me to explain....?

Let me suggest this, I will shut up and you will never try to run for office, deal?

Edited by farangster247

Secondly, to all those righteous persons out there ('google guy' comes to mind), did you ever stop to consider it is not about right or wrong at all but about a person and his family who have found themselves in a life threatening situation...in thailand, and came out of it..alive! I'm sorry, but it is about right & wrong; if the OP is guilty - he deserves to have his life taken, let alone be in a life threatening situation.

Thats heroics!

Whatever the truth is, I dont care! And neither should you, it's not your business. Just read the thread, try to be helpfull, if not, keep it to yourself. (have you got no decency??) You may not care, but some of us do. The OP made it our business by starting this thread.

It's not about his priors either, why would you even care, it's not your life. Why would you, after all these people have been through try and make his situation more difficult. For fuc_k sakes, the guy is trying to get his life back and there you are playing <deleted> detective and feeling all smart and superior coz you found something out about his past which he, with all rights, did not feel the need to tell the whole bloody world (the press done that job already for him). If he didn't want TV members digging up his past; he shouldn't have started the thread.

Who the fuc_k do you think you are, I seriously wonder what it is that drives you to act the way you did on public forum. Have you got no personal life of your own thats even half that eventfull as our main subjects is, maybe its a bit of jealousy that drove you towards this? And who exactly are you? I suspect you're the one who's jealous.

p.s.

Could you pls send me your full name and address so we can have decent exchange of thoughts on this subject, i'd really appreciate it. That could be considered a threat.

Kind regards.

At least you were right about one thing...

I think it is well past time to close this post. Not because I am loosing - we didn't and from what most of you say, we havn't. But because it has gone way off the track of what I started out. I don't need to prove myself to anyone - unlike some of you here. Surviving and keeping my sanity after over two years in hel_l, is proof enough for me! I am off to try and find some more work (legal) and try to get our lives back to gether. Cheers. Mitch Newton :D

Good luck & good night! :o