Cold_ko1

Hi,

I got this mail from close friends, if someone knows about it.

Thanks for any help.

p.s. I am not sure which harbor he is talking about, but it doesn't

matter, because he can go whereever this facility is available.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm considering sailing by boat over there.( and living on it) So I need to find out if it's possible to get telephone/cable lines run down to the harbors.( for internet hookup)

In the states it's very common to have land lines coming to your boat, while you are in a marina (for internet hookup). But in the Island's, they often don't have marina's, so you have to go to a hotel for internet hookup.

How is it done in the marine environment, in Thailand?

No such luxuries in marina's over here on the Eastern Seaboard :D

Maybe more luck in the Phuket area, but prices for mooring a yacht are close to extravagant over there :o

I have a yacht (in the jomtien area) and it is being moored in line of sight of my condo. So I applied for adsl access in the condo, setup a wireless bridge and pronto, I have high speed access on my boat. This works well up to a distance of around 5 miles of my condo (while obtaining line of sight).

Anywhere else I have to rely on GPRS access (internet through mobile phone) which usable but certainly NOT fast!

I have a yacht (in the jomtien area) and it is being moored in line of sight of my condo. So I applied for adsl access in the condo, setup a wireless bridge and pronto, I have high speed access on my boat. This works well up to a distance of around 5 miles of my condo (while obtaining line of sight).

What's your security like on the connection. - I have a condo in Jomtien, and I wouldn't mind having broadband access when I'm there. (Don't worry - I wouldn't use up all your bandwidth - I'm only there once every couple of months or so, just for the odd weekend).

:o:D:D