Serviced apartments in bangkok?

ZoiD

Hi,

I was wondering if you guys could give me some recommendations for good serviced apartments in the 35,000 to 50,000 pr mnth range, in the sukhumvit area.  Ive been looking on the http://www.holt-realty.com website and theres quite a few listed in this category.  Will holt be adding 10k a month for themselves or is this the same price I would expect to pay however I booked it.

Any good websites, names of apartments, etc would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in Advance

I recommend Chin House in Saladaeng Soi 1, Silom to you for truely outstanding service. Although not located in Sukumvit, it is a short stroll to Saladaeng BTS with easy connection to Sukumvit.

I have stayed there on multiple occasions for very long periods and have been extremely pleased with service and facilities, all of which constantly exceed my expectations. The complex is modern and under very good management with most guests being Japanese. All suites are fully equipped and can include private high speed Internet (reliable) for a nominal fee.

They increased their rates for new customers at the start of 2003, although I suspect if you ask you may be able to get the old rates. Their web site is www.chinhouse.com

I agree, Chin House is a good bet. I stayed there something like 3 weeks, before I moved to a place... next to it.

Very good location (in my opinion), helpful staff, nice rooms, very nice appartment with kitchenette and despite the rise in price lately, it should fit into your budget (and i trust you can still negociate the price).

Also agree - I have been staying at Chin House for a few months. Now moving to a non-serviced apartment.  But Chin House is fine and they will receive/send faxes, book car-hire etc etc. Also, they expect monthly payment for the room but tell me to pay up only when I'm in BKK and not on the date due - very easy-going...

No, most serviced apartments I have had dealings with require the first month in advance, as well as a one month security deposit at the time of contract commencement. In order words, two months payment is usually require and you get one month back providing no damage has been made and no outstanding monies are overdue.

I can confirm that Chin House will require two month's deposit at time of contract commencement, until such time as you are a known customer to them after staying for long periods.

Another suggestion is Win Long Place apartments. They have a web site, www.winlongplace.com. If you are looking for accommodation on a low budget, with good location close to business area and short taxi ride to BTS, they offer good service and comfortable rooms. Their studio rooms are around 9,000 baht per month plus power/water (about 1000-1500 baht in total). Their facility is only 2 star though, and of course no comparison to my previous recommendation Chin House which is 4 - 4.5 star. Win Long Place does offer good value though if you are not that concerned about room quality.

Try Admiral Suites Soi 22, New apartments, good location, great reataurants on ground floor, Coffe Max is excellent for dinner. Very friendly (guest and otherwise) staff. Manager is Sid, nice Indian man. High speed (dsl) available in room for B200 per day additional.

I stay there every time I am in town.

Not sure monthly but it will be in B35,000 to B40,000 range.