Thai Community Southampton Area

Hi guys I am moving soon to Southampton and in turn (fingers crossed) my GF will be joining me. I was just wondering if any one from the forum is in that area and could point us in the direction of some other Thai people, as I think it will make the transition easier for her.

You should first find the local Thai Supermarkets etc you will pick up lots of info in the shop itself.

also pop in the local eating holes

it will also depend what part of Southampton your moving to

(lived there for 20 years a poor saints supporter)

ps to fit in down there don't forget to pronounce it Soufampton :o

Thank you for the response

I am sure that once the initial "hype" of getting here finishes and the normality of life settles back in then it will be important to make sure she has some people to talk to.

I will find out where the supermarket is and in turn a night or so out at "taste of Thailand" sounds in order

TA

Bread

PS. colino already got that down "Soufampton" also after spending a few hours down there if you can combine it with a polish accent I think no one will ever know !!!!

You will usually bump into a Thai in Yau Brothers supermarket in Northam and the Chinese Supermarket in Saint Mary's.

The 'King and I' restaurant, Below Bar, is another place you may want to try.

Also McDonalds in Millbrook and West Quay has a fair quota of Thai workers.

As hgvneil says, choose friends wisely. It's just the same as in Thailand all the gossip behind backs that goes on but the majority are really nice.

You should first find the local Thai Supermarkets etc you will pick up lots of info in the shop itself.

also pop in the local eating holes

it will also depend what part of Southampton your moving to

(lived there for 20 years a poor saints supporter)

ps to fit in down there don't forget to pronounce it Soufampton :o

Soufampton! Lah dee dah.

If we ever said anything other than Sarfamtin we were beaten up for being too posh.

• 1 year later...
Hi guys I am moving soon to Southampton and in turn (fingers crossed) my GF will be joining me. I was just wondering if any one from the forum is in that area and could point us in the direction of some other Thai people, as I think it will make the transition easier for her.

I live in sarfamptin. My Thai fiancee is here with me until November. She'll be moving here to live after we get married. When you moving here?