Bar Demolitions On Soi 8

cali4995

Walking through there this morning, Saturday 17th, and they've knocked down a whole

slew of bars on one side. just a pile of concrete rubble left. Interesting to see what they'll

do with it? Soi 8 seems to have been in a downward slide the last couple of years? :o

I guess the leases were up and like all just about all the land between the beach and 2nd road, it's being redeveloped as hotels or restaurants for the family and non-sex tourist markets. The land there is too valuable now for a bunch of scanky beer bars. All those businesses will be moved away from the beach and out of sight of most "normal" tourists (i.e., soi Bua Keow and other Pattaya back sois).

I guess the leases were up and like all just about all the land between the beach and 2nd road, it's being redeveloped as hotels or restaurants for the family and non-sex tourist markets. The land there is too valuable now for a bunch of scanky beer bars. All those businesses will be moved away from the beach and out of sight of most "normal" tourists (i.e., soi Bua Keow and other Pattaya back sois).

100% correct :o)) but u must stop smoking

Soi 7 seems a lot better than soi 8 nowadays.

How so? They both look like narrow, crowded sexpat and hooligan traps to me.

So in what way do they differ from any other soi in Pattaya?

Exactly right. There's no difference at all between Soi 7 and 8 except the direction of traffic.

Edited by tropo

theres new owners in the prince hotel its refurb time and about time as well its been a dump in there for many years does anyone remember the old owner the bars wernt paying there rent so he went in there and shot the place up bullits thru the water pipes and every other hole he could find :D that was easy, what a mess it was like the wild west that happened about 4 years ago it was boarded up 4 about 6 months b4 they could open it up again but everyone paid there rents pretty promptly after that :o about a year after that he was seen leaving the hotel with about 20 bodyguards and i seen it with my own eyes as i used 2 have a bar there myself and was never seen again

Edited by nungnatee

I noticed on my last visit while doing my daily walk about that bars that were established years before had closed / gone elsewhere.

I also noticed the new area over the other side of Pattaya 2 Road that was seemingly developing into a Soi 7 / Soi 8 type of place as referred to by JB

Around the Prince and opposite it was dead when compared to the year before.

The original Wunder bar as i knew it, moved some time ago to just over number 2 road.

In the day time it looked like a Mafia style gang had been at work, evicting unwanted owners from the area, especiallly on the Prince hotel forecourt section. :o

Anybody know where the Hansa bar moved to that was on the next hotel forecourt up from the Prince ???

Sadly i had some good Thai friends who worked in the Soi 8 area / owners and i,ve lost touch as a consequence.

Couldn,t spot them anywhere apart from locating the Wunder bar as stated. ?????

I also think the bottom side of Pattaya 2 Road is being earmarked for other things ( families ect )

In a way moving the bar environment to the new location is a sensible one, allowing for more flexibilty for the night owls, ect.ect.ect.

IMHO as always.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

Walking through there this morning, Saturday 17th, and they've knocked down a whole

slew of bars on one side. just a pile of concrete rubble left. Interesting to see what they'll

do with it? Soi 8 seems to have been in a downward slide the last couple of years? :o

Hopefully going to be on the up and up now - we need designer shops in Pattaya.

So i ask again in plain english. has anyone got photo's of the demolition of the bars on soi 8?.

UR EASILY PLEASED PHOTOS OF DEMOLITION :o I CAN THINK OF BETTER PHOTOS 2 LOOK AT :D

I would like to see a photo shot of the soi in question before and after the demolition. And i'm past looking at better photo's to look at. Which one's were you thinking of nugget?

I think you may find this is another 4am demolition job. I will bow to anyone who knows better, but I know factually that this was what happened in soi 9, 4 years ago, and has happened in soi 8 and 7 in the last few years (Eastiny).

I would of loved to have been there the next day when all the farang "businessmen" turned up to see their bars flattened.

Buy a beer bar - you will never own anything, and will be bulldozed at will. Take heed.

The owner of the Cherry Bar stated on another forum that the bars are being knocked down as part of the renovation of the Prince Hotel. He has already leased one of the new bars that will be built in their place and I think he said he will reopen in a few months.

Hopefully going to be on the up and up now - we need designer shops in Pattaya.

Fully agree. Best like in Soi 6, where you can find everything for any taste! Some items even very well designed. :D

I think you may find this is another 4am demolition job. I will bow to anyone who knows better, but I know factually that this was what happened in soi 9, 4 years ago, and has happened in soi 8 and 7 in the last few years (Eastiny).

I would of loved to have been there the next day when all the farang "businessmen" turned up to see their bars flattened.

Buy a beer bar - you will never own anything, and will be bulldozed at will. Take heed.

"Buy a beer bar - you will never own anything, and will be bulldozed at will. Take heed"

80/90% of bars resteraunts etc in the uk are leased, and the setup costs are much higger young tim, and like here, leave it to run itselfe, never works!

and on that soi 6 is a dry day by the looks!

chris

The owner of the Cherry Bar stated on another forum that the bars are being knocked down as part of the renovation of the Prince Hotel. He has already leased one of the new bars that will be built in their place and I think he said he will reopen in a few months.

Correct.

The bars are being replaced and there will be 1 single sound system and security to keep out the hawkers.

The new bar space will be smaller but the rent will stay the same.

Hopefully, they will all be open again before the middle of June.

All the leaseholders had plenty of notice about the renovation.

"Buy a beer bar - you will never own anything, and will be bulldozed at will. Take heed"

80/90% of bars resteraunts etc in the uk are leased, and the setup costs are much higger young tim, and like here, leave it to run itselfe, never works!

and on that soi 6 is a dry day by the looks!

chris

I was talking about 'beer bars' in complexes, completely different to individual bars like yours.

'Tis a dry day - party at my house, pm me if your thirsty :o