The Police Mafia

thaigene2

...ask why anyone would want to be a cop for 7 or 8,000 baht per month...
...Two relatives of my wife have been accepted for this years intake & been to the 'interview' where B250000 for each was paid...

250,000 baht for a job that pays 8,000 / month? :o

plenty of rich kids in the civil service for the same money.

Depending on the family, one goes into business, the other into governemnt/army/police. Ideally you have enough kids to fill all the spots. The last one can go into politics.....

...Two relatives of my wife have been accepted for this years intake & been to the 'interview' where B250000 for each was paid...

My wife was quoted 100,000. Fortunately the kid has opted for university. :D

You have missed the point - it is an investment for the future.

As a long term career it is very profitable & provides a government pension on retirement.

They even ask you if you want a receipt - if you decline you pay a bit less and of course the cash goes into his pocket for his boss (they work in pairs to watch each other - that's why they work in twos I reckon). Now if each of the four teams is taking 200 baht from someone every five minutes that's 9,600 baht per hour. They seem to be there around 10 hours per day, so that works out to around 96,000 Baht per day for the guys running that little scam. Put another way, it's nearly 3 million baht per month.

Corruption is, as we all know, cancer to the society.

The Police are corrup in 9 out of 10 Asian countries.

The Police are corrupt in 10 out of 10 African countries.

The Police are corrupt in 10 out of 10 South American countries.

The Police are corrupt in 10 out of 10 central American countries.

Majority of Eastern Europe still have problems with corrupt Police.

The worst in the west used to be the Police in USA. This changed after they gave them better salaries.

Regarding the guys in the subject.

Corrupt? No doubt.

96 000 per day (30 mill + per year), in what is most likely smaller notes? No way in hel_l?

Even if it was possible, they would not have time to stop, explain, blackmail, collect, in 5 minutes, and then the next car.

Even I wouldn`t go as far as blaming TRT alone (Thaksin was a cop :o ), rather a succession of incompetent and complacent governments doing nothing about police corruption or not even trying to establish an independent body watching them and conducting their own investigations. The latest police reform was instantly rejected and I`m sure seen as an insult to most top brass. They truly feel they have a Buddha given right to commit murder, extort money from honest working citizens, plant drugs and make false accusations and on and on, it would be like taking away grandfathered right from them, that`s how badly it`s ingrained. Then there`s all of the repercussions on society caused by this criminal syndicate in uniform, record number of deaths on the mess that are Thai roads and on and on. What I still can`t figure out is why these shameless criminals are still called the R***l Thai Police. Some will say they`re not all crooked, maybe not but I say they`re all guilty by association.

The government does not want honest police and courts. If the police are honest, they might start looking at all the corruption that the government gets away with.

i have had a motorbike, cameras, computers etc stolen in thai over many years,

you kiss it goodbye coz you know nothing can be done via the law.

I had my house broken into and several thousand dollars worth of power tools were stolen. The neighbor saw the truck they loaded it into. It was a friend of my cousin who I was letting live with me. I reported it to the police, even the name of the person who stole it.

Gave them serial numbers, everything. Nothing they could do to get my stuff back. That was in the suburbs of Seattle.

I felt a little better when the guy was hit and killed a month later while crossing the street after leaving a bar drunk. Probably drunk on the money he got from selling my stuff. :o NOT!

I have just heard that Colonel Noppadon who is responsible for leading the hunt for and the arrest of Kamnam Poh (it's an inactive post) has arrested himself on a charge of impersonating a policeman. :o