Cost Of Long Distance Calls From U.s. To Thailand?

maxjay

This is directed more to people in the States who telephone Thailand.

What is the cost per minute of a international call to Thailand using:

a. Calling Card?

b. International plan with a telephone carrier ie: AT&T, Verizon, local carriers, etc.?

c. Straight dial up?

Before I moved here I had a plan with my local carrier, it was about $4.00 per month service fee and $.50 per minute. Still have same deals?

I am Not interested in Skype or any other internet telephoning.

Edited by maxjay

i previously used Pingo.com which was very cheap. Check their website. It's not internet telephony, it's just like a calling card except much nicer because you can refill online.

You dial some number first (like a calling card), then your pin code, then the number.

Another nice thing about Pingo is that you can set up caller ID so that you don't have to dial your PIN - you enter your home phone number on the website, and when you call the pingo access # it will recognize you and not ask you for PIN.

I am sure there are others, do some online research. But Pingo worked pretty well for me.

US -> Thailand costs 3.3ct. However, I would try with the minimum amount first to see what the call quality is like. Could be spotty in the past.

Edited by nikster

My wife calls her brother using calling cards that run between 3-5 cents a minute depending on the time she calls. Her brother is a village monk with a cell phone! We were using a system that involved using the PC with a microphone that only cost one-cent a minute but was unreliable.