Stephen Hendry In Pattaya

libya 115

17.00 Flannigans Jomtien

18.30 Shenanigans

20.00 Butchers Arms Soi Buakhow

21.30 queen Vic Soi 6

Thurs 22nd May

I have been informed that he will be at Chaplins bar SOI 3 at 11.00pm for trck shots and exibition match with Willie the Guvner of the bar.

Yes,I was into Flannigans in Jomtien for a cup 'o Tetleys' and saw a promotional leaflet/brochure on his schedule.

What struck me was that Pattaya is only a small part of his Thai whistlestop tour.If I remember correctly,he actually

visits 12 Pubs in Bangkok,over 2 days and also does a couple of establishments in Samui!!!......quite a bloody

hectic schedule!

It begged the question of me,what's his motivation??(all jokin' aside)...he's loaded and obviously doesn't need the $$$

and is married with a couple of sprogs...wonder if the family is coming over???....take it he's staying overnight in the

Sheraton or Royal Cliff(the Cliff especially is usually the hotel that gets the big boys).

I'm not a huge snooker fan myself,but I suppose have to respect someone who is 7 times world champion and was

a huge British sporting figure in his heyday(90's)...BBC sports personality/This is Your Life etc.. etc.. etc... + yeah,it's

a bit surreal that he's going to be down soi 6!!!

Maybe,he just fancies a holiday,and after his mind-numbingly boring few days(20+ Pubs) of answering the same,same questions

and signing auto's and pic. posing..... is gonna' do a South East Asian holier stint,..OR..maybe it's a sponsorship

contractual promise he has to fulfill.

Probably won't go myself to be honest,the Queen Vic. isn't the biggest of pubs for example,and it'll be that

packed you wouldn't be able to turn a sweet in your mouth :D ..but anyone who does,have a great one and it's a hel_l

of a thing to have a genuine sporting icon like this coming to Pattaya I suppose!!

The last,and only time actually,I met famous people in Pattaya was when Niall Quinn + John Barnes came to

Jomtien Beach(April 2006) to play in the "Footvolley" competition :D .They both,John Barnes especially,were a pleasure

to meet + close to sundown that day there were surprisingly few people around or majorily interested in them..........I actually

had a good longish(15 minutes) chat with them over a cup of coffee sat down at a table....of course the BMW 7 Series came

soon afterwards with the police cavelcade, and whisked them back to their suites at the Royal Cliff :o and that was that!!!

Later................... :D