Thank You Police Volunteer

expathaimonkol

My mother is thai and my father from England and I was born in England.My father does not speaak Thai so well and had a problem one day and received a great deal of hel from farang volunteer police. This was a while ago on last trip to Chiang Mai but never said thank you and do not know mans name but wish to thank police volunteers. I met few of them and all gentleman who only want to help foreigners and Thailand.

It is true many Thai do not trust police but this is not true of police volunteers Thai people respect them for being good example of country unlike people both farang and Thai who only drink in bars and do not get respect.

if thais and farangs know nothing but just spend time drinking at the bars, who are these police volunteers?

Wild guess: maybe they are farangs who do not just spend time drinking at the bars?

I am sorry for typographical error. I do not understand about troll or thread.I only wish to thank polce volunteer.I do not say either all farang or all Thai only drink in bars.People know what they do.If you are volunteer police and read this message then I say think you.If you are not then it is not your business.

I wonder which apologist from the last "police volunteer" thread is coming back as a troll? :o

Why should the police volunteers (and I am not one) need "apologists". Are they doing something bad or wrong?

Try a dictionary... :D

I wonder which apologist from the last "police volunteer" thread is coming back as a troll? :o

Why should the police volunteers (and I am not one) need "apologists". Are they doing something bad or wrong?

No need. :D My question remains.

It just puzzles me why their existence provokes such a negative response from some people and that they should need defending.

Edited by Contractor

Yes, you do need. Your question is not a valid one. It is not conceptually connected to the word "apologist," revealing your lack of understanding of the term.

It just puzzles me why their existence provokes such a negative response from some people and that they should need defending.

Your assignment: Background reading of 200+ posts and 4-5 recent threads. :D

Yes, you do need. Your question is not a valid one. It is not conceptually connected to the word "apologist," revealing your lack of understanding of the term.

I think it is a good question.If these people volunteer their time to help people then good for them.I do not know why some people find this so objectionable,but I think all this controversy says more about the people who are upset than about volunteer police.

I am sorry for typographical error. I do not understand about troll or thread.I only wish to thank polce volunteer.I do not say either all farang or all Thai only drink in bars.People know what they do.If you are volunteer police and read this message then I say think you.If you are not then it is not your business.

Sawadee Kup, expathaimonkol and welcome to Thaivisa.com. Your " Thank You" is well recieved by the volunteers, ka pun kup. :D Please do not worry about spelling or typos on this forum ( thread). Just ignore

the remarks by some here. They are like barking soi dogs pay no attention to them and maybe they will

go away :o When is your next visit to Chiang Mai ?

Sawadee Kup, expathaimonkol and welcome to Thaivisa.com. Your " Thank You" is well recieved by the volunteers, ka pun kup. :D Please do not worry about spelling or typos on this forum ( thread). Just ignore

the remarks by some here. They are like barking soi dogs pay no attention to them and maybe they will

Brilliant!! Sheesh. At least the English is semi-legible.

Seems to be a troll or 2 lurking on this one.

I think it is a good question.If these people volunteer their time to help people then good for them.I do not know why some people find this so objectionable,but I think all this controversy says more about the people who are upset than about volunteer police.

I was of this same opinion at first. What changed my opinion was the attitudes of some of these volunteers. While there are probably many who volunteer because they want to be helpful, I have come to the conclusion that many of these volunteers' motivation is power and prestige. I will end here before someone threatens to have the Royal Thai Police come get me for questioning the volunteers.

Brilliant!! Sheesh. At least the English is semi-legible.

Seems to be a troll or 2 lurking on this one.

Wearing a uniform is definitely not my style, but I'll take a troll or two any day as opposed to the cynics, trash talkers and semicolon experts who seem to outnumber them by far in this and several other discussions on this site.

Well, I've done my reading. What an astounding discussion!! There is definitely a lot of sneering going on among what seem to be an inordinate number of former police officers proud to have worn their uniforms. Sorry, fellows, I've been in uniform, got the tee shirt, whatever. I apologize to you all in advance, but I can not help but make this really cheap shot:

http://www.bangkokpost.net/News/22May2008_news04.php

I'm italian and for sure my english is not so fluent, but I don't think is so democratic just remark the mistakes in grammar and spelling for who post in TV. Or is an anglo-saxons only website?

I'm italian and for sure my english is not so fluent, but I don't think is so democratic just remark the mistakes in grammar and spelling for who post in TV. Or is an anglo-saxons only website?

I agree entirely! Now, "Wee Willy," how's your Italian grammar?

Edited by Mapguy

I wonder which apologist from the last "police volunteer" thread is coming back as a troll? :D

Well, I've done my reading. What an astounding discussion!! There is definitely a lot of sneering going on among what seem to be an inordinate number of former police officers proud to have worn their uniforms. Sorry, fellows, I've been in uniform, got the tee shirt, whatever. I apologize to you all in advance, but I can not help but make this really cheap shot:

I thank the lord for such as yourself on this forum. You reflect how nasty expats in this wonderful country can be. The thing I cannot understand is why you are here! Please tell me what the article you post has to do with this forum and Chiang Mai. Your apology is not accepted. You say it is a cheap shot and I agree with you on that.

You have just exposed what you are and I do feel sorry for you.

A cheap shot artist and nothing else. Have a nice life :o

Probably close to this one...eh?

post-46099-1211472317_thumb.jpg

I was of this same opinion at first. What changed my opinion was the attitudes of some of these volunteers. While there are probably many who volunteer because they want to be helpful, I have come to the conclusion that many of these volunteers' motivation is power and prestige. I will end here before someone threatens to have the Royal Thai Police come get me for questioning the volunteers.

Hi Tim 207, You say you changed your "opinion" because of the attitudes of some of the vols. Please give facts of your encounters with the vols you accuse so openly. No names please. I am very interested because I am painted with the same brush as these folks and the TPD only wants us to present ourselves as helpful to the many visitors to Chiang Mai. Just the facts please. Thank you in advance.

Probably close to this one...eh?

Sorry John, I miss your point. Yes, I am a little slow on the draw.

I wonder which apologist from the last "police volunteer" thread is coming back as a troll? :D

I thank the lord for such as yourself on this forum. You reflect how nasty expats in this wonderful country can be. The thing I cannot understand is why you are here! Please tell me what the article you post has to do with this forum and Chiang Mai. Your apology is not accepted. You say it is a cheap shot and I agree with you on that.

You have just exposed what you are and I do feel sorry for you.

A cheap shot artist and nothing else. Have a nice life :o

Well, yes, putting personal jibes aside, the ex cop who has apparently been into trafficing seems an extreme case. Do remember, unfortunately, that there are bad cops (and many more ineffectual ones) as well as good cops, and I am not talking about the local boys in brown. Locally, there are farang trying to be helpful as tourist police, looking for something constuctive to do and those who might indeed just like wearing some sort of uniform with or without cuffs. There has been a lot of crap slung at them quite unnecessarily. They ought at least get a free can of Brasso! Ohmygosh, now I'm going to hear from those guys, too!

No, not Brasso..or Neverdull...

Too harsh.

(Kinda like your jab at all police officers who indeed did the job well by posting the link to one Piece Of Shit who has again tarnished us all..But you have redeemed yourself in my eyes after your last post.. ( I know you could care less..)there are good and bad, no deny, and I have worked with 'em both, but the bad make the good have to work that much harder and the critics come outta the woodwork... )

Semichrome works the best.

At least give 'em the good stuff...make 'em all shiny and new lookin'

post-46099-1211475929_thumb.jpg

Thank you papajohn and other people also.I am no longer in Chiang Mai but hope to return in December.I will post message when I come.Perhaps I will move here and join police volunteers and would be proud to.I still do not understand trolls. Little people who live under bridge I thought. Perhaps Nawarat Bridge.I also make mistakes in English and am a british citizen so no excuse I suppose but as man said I did not think purpose of forum was English lesson,and also man did use apologist in question correct way so I think lesson here is if one wishes to learn correct English grammar best to do it elsewhere than this forum.

I am not Thai citizen as I said and am proud to be British but I have to say there are many expat living here who I do not know why they stay.It is beautiful country but seems to be some people only complain while sitting in bars or in front of computer. I think they enjoy life more if they stop minding other people's business and live their own life.Volunteer police give something back to Thailand but also the expat and foreign society. What can be wrong with that? As I say again most of us both Thai and farang say thank you and I can say as I am both.