Non-b And Wp Renewal

My situation, have 2 consecutive non-immigrant B visas and a work permit from my school. Both expire on 31 May. I have renewed contract with the school and will be jumping through the visa and WP renewal hoops next week.

As it's been a year since the last time I did this I'm a little foggy on which one to do first. Do I renew the work permit first at the Ministry of Labor, or renew the non-B visa first at Immigration? I want to get started off on the right foot. Thanx for your replies…

My situation, have 2 consecutive non-immigrant B visas and a work permit from my school. Both expire on 31 May. I have renewed contract with the school and will be jumping through the visa and WP renewal hoops next week.

As it's been a year since the last time I did this I'm a little foggy on which one to do first. Do I renew the work permit first at the Ministry of Labor, or renew the non-B visa first at Immigration? I want to get started off on the right foot. Thanx for your replies…

Do the extension of stay first at Immigration.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

OK, to update anyone interested, and so I can find this info the next time I search the TV forums here is what happened.

Went to Suan Phlu immigration office yesterday about 10am, submitted copies of contracts (in Eng and Thai), letter of employment (in Thai), application for visa (TM87) w/ photo, application for extension of temporary stay (TM7) w/ photo, copies of passport, copies of work permit, 1900 THB, and of course the passport. Waited about 45 minutes and bing(!), visa approved. Off to lunch.

After lunch (about 1330) over to the Ministry of Labor to get the work permit extended. Submitted copies of contracts (in Eng and Thai), letter of employment (in Thai), copies of passport (w/ the new visa stamp page of course), application for renewal of work permit (WP5), form of the employment certificate, power of attorney, work permit, and passport.

Quite a long que at this place waited perhaps 2 hours. Finally paid the 100 THB work permit application fee and got back the passport. Can go in on this coming Friday to pick up the work permit and pay 3000THB for a 1 year work permit.

I did have some help from the staff where I work. I'd originally posted this question as I was trying to make sure that they knew what they were doing, the whole 'trust but verify' thing. They do and I'm a happy camper!

Why did you submit an application for visa (TM.87)? According to your OP you have a non immigrant B visa and you do not indicate you paid the 2,000 baht fee for a visa issue so don't believe it was required or used. I believe your TM.7 extension of stay is what was approved. At any rate seems like another happy ending.

Why did you submit an application for visa (TM.87)? According to your OP you have a non immigrant B visa and you do not indicate you paid the 2,000 baht fee for a visa issue so don't believe it was required or used. I believe your TM.7 extension of stay is what was approved. At any rate seems like another happy ending.

The Op was applying for the renewal of the extension of stay permit. I surmise he only got a 30 day under consideration and will be going to get the one year extension in 30 days or even will then get another 30 day consideration from immigration. Very rare to ever get a extension of stay based on business the first day of the renewal unless it's a BOI company.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com