Samak's Popularity In Bangkok Drops Sharply: Poll

george

As far as I can tell, members please confirm....

The public missed Thaksin during the period of military rule, so as soon as Thaksin gave his support for the PPP, they won easily.

Samak is only in power because of his support from Thaksin right????

Wrong! After TRT was dissolved, they made the same party with a new name PPP again. All the people are selected by Thaksin.

The people in NE Thailand may missed Thaksin, but they put hugh amounts of money. Who vote PPP got between 200-500 Baht. What is the reason of the trouble now as in the new constitution you have harder punishments for vote buying.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The public missed Thaksin during the period of military rule, so as soon as Thaksin gave his support for the PPP, they won easily.

Yes, basically. To be fair, though Thaksin was very popular and his years generally celebrated, Samak easily won because the principal (though completely without priciples) opposition was a coup-loving democrat (not to be confused with someone who encourages or even remotely tolerates democracy) party candidate.

Yes, basically. To be fair, though Thaksin was very popular and his years generally celebrated, Samak easily won because the principal (though completely without priciples) opposition was a coup-loving democrat (not to be confused with someone who encourages or even remotely tolerates democracy) party candidate.

At the poor in NE celebrated, but hated from educated people and the complete south.

At the poor in NE celebrated, but hated from educated people and the complete south.

Well, it is true that the Muslims in the South and the Bangkok elite found it in their favor not to oppose the military coup.

Well, it is true that the Muslims in the South and the Bangkok elite found it in their favor not to oppose the military coup.

Not the muslim south, the complete south, even over chumphon.

And I don't see any reason to oppose the military coup. They kicked out a not elected (specialy at this time) dictator, who killed enough people (just remember "war against drugs" with and official estimate of 1500 innocent dead) and brought back democracy, they didn't stick on power like the Myanmar junta does.

If such coups would happen in other countries. If an army coup would have kicked out Hitler or Bush before they killed people....

And I don't see any reason to oppose the military coup. They kicked out a not elected (specialy at this time) dictator, who killed enough people (just remember "war against drugs" with and official estimate of 1500 innocent dead) and brought back democracy, they didn't stick on power like the Myanmar junta does.

If such coups would happen in other countries. If an army coup would have kicked out Hitler or Bush before they killed people....

I guess the students they killed in the previous coup don't count!

Thailand political (civil / army) scene is a shame ...

But can anyone ... give the name of a political leader (anywhere) they would appreciate to run (any) country ?

Politics is in the hand of financial interests only ... and that is depressing ...

Yup. Mayor Quimby.

As you say: in a PREVIOUS coup....that has nothing to do with that coup.

Wasn't it exactly the same organization in each case?

Wasn't it exactly the same organization in each case?

very different in fact, beside that both cases were in Thailand.

Thai Army staged a coup in both cases! Same old, same old!

And the Thaksin government at this time came from a fair election (or at least from an election) was not corrupt, didn't kill people and gave freedom to the media.

While the ugly junta killed who? Was corrupt where (I am sure they were but so minor that it wasn't found till now) and controlled media where?

I know you are just doing your job...how much per posting?

I have no problem with you saying Thaksin is as corrupt as any other Thai politicians or that the Thai Army slaughtered innocent Thais during his time in office. The man is certainly no saint. I wouldn't support him or his proxies under any circumstances other than if a much more evil and murderous lot was running against him.

I have no problem with you saying Thaksin is as corrupt as any other Thai politicians or that the Thai Army slaughtered innocent Thais during his time in office. The man is certainly no saint. I wouldn't support him or his proxies under any circumstances other than if a much more evil and murderous lot was running against him.

OK why are you sitting here and not at the rally?

Because the rally is for those who support the junta and desperately want another coup so they continue to feed at the trough and keep power out of the hands of the people at all costs!

And the Thaksin government at this time came from a fair election (or at least from an election) was not corrupt, didn't kill people and gave freedom to the media.

While the ugly junta killed who? Was corrupt where (I am sure they were but so minor that it wasn't found till now) and controlled media where?

:o

every 100 posts gets one share of Manchester City Football.

every 100 posts gets one share of Manchester City Football.

May I get commission? 1 from 10?

ABAC Poll is making stories all along.

Samak is still very popular otherwise PPP wouldn't get elected.

The opponents just propaganda to make him look less popular.

I am Thai and I know how it is.

I don't read just news and judge, it's kind of childish.

ABAC Poll is making stories all along.

Samak is still very popular otherwise PPP wouldn't get elected.

The opponents just propaganda to make him look less popular.

I am Thai and I know how it is.

I don't read just news and judge, it's kind of childish.

:o:D :D

I think my soi dog can get elected as premier if it can give everyone 500 Baht.

And I guess it would make the job better than Samak :D :D :D

Because the rally is for those who support the junta and desperately want another coup so they continue to feed at the trough and keep power out of the hands of the people at all costs!

Yes - it's amazing how this ThaiVisa Website is so pro-dictatorship isn't it? If THAI people don't want Samak (are you Thai?), they can get rid of him and his party by election - and probably sooner than later since the coalition will probably fall apart very soon. Personally I think he needs to go but I'm not Thai - but certianly not by mob PAD demos who are clearly trying to 'instigate' another coup.

Indeed, you can just tell these PPP/TRT-haters on this site are just itching for another coup to return Thailand to the elitism culture that has feathered the nest of so many people (and I mean Thais and Sino-Thais not farangs or thai-farangs -- at least not Thai-Farangs with 'western' surnames - other way around I suspect for the Thai-Farangs with Thai surnames sadly).

Yes - it's amazing how this ThaiVisa Website is so pro-dictatorship isn't it? If THAI people don't want Samak (are you Thai?), they can get rid of him and his party by election - and probably sooner than later since the coalition will probably fall apart very soon. Personally I think he needs to go but I'm not Thai - but certianly not by mob PAD demos who are clearly trying to 'instigate' another coup.

Indeed, you can just tell these PPP/TRT-haters on this site are just itching for another coup to return Thailand to the elitism culture that has feathered the nest of so many people (and I mean Thais and Sino-Thais not farangs or thai-farangs -- at least not Thai-Farangs with 'western' surnames - other way around I suspect for the Thai-Farangs with Thai surnames sadly).

Samak was never elected! That is exactly the reason why he need to change the constitution. Because the courts would would kick them out because they are NOT elected. They paid their way to power.

What Thailand needs is a new leader who is a pure Thai and lead the Thais in a revolt to gain back their land from The Sino-Thais that have taken it from them.

Yeah, start with Thaksin and all of his cohorts - they didn't have a single "pure" Thai in their Thai Rak Thai party.

Samak is "pure", though, but I bet other "pure" Thais are ashamed of him representing their country.

What Thailand needs is a new leader who is a pure Thai (Not A Thai-Chinese) and lead the Thais in a revolt to gain back their land from The Sino-Thais that have taken it from them. The Authorities above them have forsaken them and if nothing happens, The Pure Thais will have their children working as the servile servants of The Sino-Thais. Take a look around at places like MBK where the Thai Chinese own and control the businesses and patronise the outlets whereas the pure Thais are the Waiters, Cleaners, etc. The Thai Chinese are so arrogant now that besides controlling the businesses , they are now everywhere from Politics to even the entertainment industry where they are openly declaring their Thai Chinese roots unlike in the past. The higher authorities have even forsaken them and are licking the Chinese.

Prostitution, Drugs and Corruption are all traits that we introduced to this decent land by the Chinese and the Chinese are not in favour of empowering the pure Thais and they prefer them to be less educated so that they can be controlled and exploited. To label the Thais as lazy and stupid is not fair, as they had to sompete in an unequal setting. The Thai Chinese politicians like Thaksin(who belongs to the Hakka Chinese tribe....a group of self serving unscruplous sect) are only interested in themselves.

The Thai Youths of today are already beginning to hate the Thai Chinese as there as been recent crimes that have not been reported in areas like Yannawa, Sathorn, Pinklao by Youth Groups. The pure Thai farmers have been hit very badly by the FTA with China that was done by Thaksin as they now have to compete with dirt cheap produce from China. Unfortunately many of these farmers are not educated and do not know who have really betrayed them.

What is needed is a new group of Pure Thais to rise and initiate these revolt and claim back what is theirs and slit the throats, families and friends of those unscruplous people who had sold them out.

This sounds like something from Europe in the 1930's. It is amazing to think it would be repeated today by an educated person. Persoanlly I think the last thing Thailand needs right now is people even more extremist than the current bunch of loons. Maybe if you believe in an ethnic Thai (should that be Tai?) paradise called Thailand it is time to reconsider staying here and polluting it with impure blood and culture assuming of course that you are not an ethnic Thai.

Ouch. Shame to see that racism is still alive and kicking on the forum, in contravention of the rules.

Oh, and out of interest, how many generations does one have to go back anyway to prove oneself as "Pure"?

Ouch. Shame to see that racism is still alive and kicking on the forum, in contravention of the rules.

Oh, and out of interest, how many generations does one have to go back anyway to prove oneself as "Pure"?

I have to agree. Pls no talk of ethnic cleansing.

I am Austrian....we have always some politicans on stock for export. The last we exported to Germany did a good job on the cleaning. while our US Export does not perform that well yet :o

Actually I agree PrBkkPr posting is nonsense.....