Notifying Local Immigration Office Of Address

My previous Non-O expired two 6 weeks ago, and I just recently got another one....not an extension, but a 'fresh' one.

Do I need to go down to the local immigration office and notify them of my address all over again? I'm staying at the same address, and still have the slip of paper from immigration stapled in my passport.

Thanks.

My previous Non-O expired two 6 weeks ago, and I just recently got another one....not an extension, but a 'fresh' one.

Do I need to go down to the local immigration office and notify them of my address all over again? I'm staying at the same address, and still have the slip of paper from immigration stapled in my passport.

Thanks.

If you didnt leave the county then no, If you look at your current receipt it only contains your name, no reference at all to any passport or visa.

If you did leave the country then the 90 days game begins again from the day that you entered. The old 90 reporting becomes invalid.

(unless your not talking about 90 day reporting in which case my reply is probably useless)

Edited by EmptyMind

My previous Non-O expired two 6 weeks ago, and I just recently got another one....not an extension, but a 'fresh' one. ........ still have the slip of paper from immigration stapled in my passport.

A bit confusing. If you had a 90-day reporting slip stapled in your passport, this says you had extended your now-expired Non Imm O visa. But, it doesn't matter if the Non Imm O expired, as long as the current extension of stay had not expired....

Presumably, your extension of stay *had* expired -- as there is no other logical explanation of why you needed a new Non Imm O. (??)

My previous Non-O expired two 6 weeks ago, and I just recently got another one....not an extension, but a 'fresh' one. ........ still have the slip of paper from immigration stapled in my passport.

A bit confusing. If you had a 90-day reporting slip stapled in your passport, this says you had extended your now-expired Non Imm O visa. But, it doesn't matter if the Non Imm O expired, as long as the current extension of stay had not expired....

Presumably, your extension of stay *had* expired -- as there is no other logical explanation of why you needed a new Non Imm O. (??)

Not really relevant to his question is it.

If he re-entered the country then all of the old 90 day reports can just go into the bin because the 90 day reporting starts again from when you re-enter the Country.

Also, No, What you posted is wrong, that's why its confusing.

This Part Is Wrong >> "If you had a 90-day reporting slip stapled in your passport, this says you had extended your now-expired Non Imm O visa"

My 90 day reporting is almost 2 weeks different from when my extension of stay expires, They are not always the same date as when your extension of stay is due and they are also totally not related to each other. They are two different things.

Hope that cleared up your confusion :-)

Edited by EmptyMind

I'm just curious as to whether or not the OP is making the mistake of believing he needs a valid Non Imm visa to stay in the country on extension (he wouldn't be the first to make this mistake). And, yes, my curiosity has nothing to do with his question.

So, if that piece of paper is his last 90-day report (and not his departure card), then that means he was here on an extension. Period. Non matching reporting and renewal dates are irrelevant to this fact. (Only folks here on extension do 90-day reporting [well, maybe PRs too - I don't know].)

So, OP, your reporting question has been answered, I'm sure. But please humor me and confirm your extension had also expired, thus requiring getting a new Non Imm visa.

Edited by JimGant

I'm just curious as to whether or not the OP is making the mistake of believing he needs a valid Non Imm visa to stay in the country on extension (he wouldn't be the first to make this mistake). And, yes, my curiosity has nothing to do with his question.

So, if that piece of paper is his last 90-day report (and not his departure card), then that means he was here on an extension. Period. Non matching reporting and renewal dates are irrelevant to this fact. (Only folks here on extension do 90-day reporting [well, maybe PRs too - I don't know].)

So, OP, your reporting question has been answered, I'm sure. But please humor me and confirm your extension had also expired, thus requiring getting a new Non Imm visa.

Well he only asked what he should do about the 90 day reporting so who cares. Open another topic if you want to be amused by another question.

:o