Agencies

Next year after we are married we will apply for an Ozzie visa.ie. spouse visa. To save all the hassle we are thinking about using an agent. I dont mind paying these people a few thousand baht more if they can guarantee getting the visa and save me the hassle of dealing with beaurocracy. Anyone used one before?

I think if you expect them to be able to "guarantee" a visa, then you shouldn't use them. All these services do is fill out the forms for you. If you are not with your wife when she has to fill out a form written in English and her English is not so great, then it may be a good idea. But so far, I've been doing everything myself for a US fiancée visa and haven't had any problems, but I am far from done.

Agree with Daveh. Although have not done Oz forms the only thing an agent can do is insure they are filled out correctly. Unfortunately most are less able to do that than you and you will have to provide all the information anyhow.

It will save you reading the instruction sheets perhaps but that is about all. For something this important I would want to do it myself rather than trust what are often very suspect agencies. You sign one false statement and it could screw up the rest of your life.

If you do decide to use a firm make sure a number of people recommend and perhaps you can find that on a immigration focused forum. There are a lot of ambulance chases in this field.

Jockstar,

My lady and I just got a fiance visa, for Aus, we did it ourselves. If you have time on your side, which it sounds like you do, then save yourself the $$ and do it yourself.

If you are organised, have all the paperwork in order, then the hardest part is waiting for an answer.We waited 4 months, and had no hassles, no interview even!We are in the middleast though.

My advice is to start preparing now, save every little scrap of paper from when you do anything together.eg: movie ticket stubs, airline tickets, boarding cards,absolutley anything, no matter how trivial you think it might be.

Get a joint bank account, and use it, make sure both your names appear on the statements.

hope all goes well :o

Cheers Camel jockey. I'm an Oz resident and not a citizen. Will this make it more difficult. I have no money to guarantee her. But i have a mate who can get me a job and will be willing to act as a guaranteur. What will he have to do?