Paying To Be Allowed To Play Music In A Public Place?

mekka

I got this paperwork today that states i have to pay 200B per seat in my bar in order to play music in a public place....is this the real deal or what? Seems kinda crazy to me and i cant see the money ever getting back to "Warner Music" which is plastered all over the dodgy photocopied papers...

Totally Real..go to the website 1stopmusic dot com

I find it hard to believe your running a bar and know nothing of PRS….especially with all the reports from Pattaya over the past 18 months

Fines are in the 50,000 baht range and confiscation of equipment

just dump the seat from your bars and voila...

or you could always tie rubber seat to the ceiling like a bunch of swings for seat.. which would make it a swing and probably get you away from this fine.. tons of other solution

Even in the ‘land of the free’ things are not free any more. Whether it’s outside influence or extortion from within Thailand is slowly going to be just like any other controlled state on the planet.

LiveSteam

What if the music is all written and recorded by/for the landlord and not subject to royalties etc?

If I owned a bar and bought myself a little Casiotone organ and recorded my own music (and a lot of the music played in go-gos sounds like that), I shouldn't be subject to this.