Pattaya Laundry

basjke

Can anyone recommend a decent laundry in pattya.I know there are hundreds and on each corner of the street but my experience is that most of them ruin your shirts.Or the don't use detergent or they use one from the kind that makes your black shirts look grey after 3 washings.But for sure there must be some decent ones,please submit your suggestions.

I know exactly what you mean about sub standard laundry service.

In the rainy season the don't properly dry your clothes before they iron them. An awful smell comes from your clothing when you wear them.

For this reason I wash my own clothes and hang 'em out on the hotel balcony to dry. I always carry a travel iron.

The hotel I stay at has the aircon unit on the balcony. Wet clothing placed in front of this will dry in about an hour.

I've seen many other tourists erect clothes lines outside their hotel windows so as to hang sock and underwear. I guess we are not the only travellers who don't like Pattaya laundries.

I know exactly what you mean about sub standard laundry service.

In the rainy season the don't properly dry your clothes before they iron them. An awful smell comes from your clothing when you wear them.

For this reason I wash my own clothes and hang 'em out on the hotel balcony to dry. I always carry a travel iron.

The hotel I stay at has the aircon unit on the balcony. Wet clothing placed in front of this will dry in about an hour.

I've seen many other tourists erect clothes lines outside their hotel windows so as to hang sock and underwear. I guess we are not the only travellers who don't like Pattaya laundries.

a friend of mine used a laundry service whilst on holiday here.

he had an emergency call and had to go home quickly and completely forgot about his laundry.

personal circumstances dictated that he could not return to Thailand for 2 years.

anyway when he came back he thought about the laundry and visited them.

happily he saw the same woman still working there, that he handed his clothes to two years before

before he can speak she says to him, ''hey falang why you not pick up your laundry?''

incredulous that she remembered him after 2 years, he spluttered,'' i go back home, have big problem''

she says ''thats ok, no problem''

marvelling at her recognition and her laissez faire attitude, he ventures to ask her ;

'do you still have my laundry?''

she says

''yes you can pick it up on Friday!''

The OP asked us to suggest a laundry, not why he shouldn't use one...

I have for many years used a shop called Laundry Express on Naklua road, on the left going north, just before soi 18, across the road from Boncafe.

Very good and friendly service, quality work and decent price. My friends also use them for "difficult" drycleaning jobs and clothes they do not trust their maid to launder and iron without damaging them.

The OP asked us to suggest a laundry, not why he shouldn't use one...

I have for many years used a shop called Laundry Express on Naklua road, on the left going north, just before soi 18, across the road from Boncafe.

Very good and friendly service, quality work and decent price. My friends also use them for "difficult" drycleaning jobs and clothes they do not trust their maid to launder and iron without damaging them.

Thank you for the advice,I know that shop but never checked it out cos it's bit out of my direction.Will give it a try one of these days.Please keep posting suggestions.

Yep, Laundry Express is very good.. A bit on the pricey side mind.. I usually use that place for dry cleaning suits etc.

The best (or shoudl I say only) laundry I have ever found in 6 years, that is good, in Thailand (Bangkok, Samui, Pattaya) is down Naklua Soi 16, right to the end near the Garden Cliff Resort. Its under a condominum block on the side of the road called Nova Mirage... 2 really nice ladies who do a very, very good job.. It's a bit out of the way, but if you have your own transport I would recommend this place as a regular laundry service..

What's the standard price of laundry over here? I always get it done at my apartment for 10 baht per item or 5 baht for my "smalls". It seems good value to me but I've seen higher and lower prices elsewhere. I think some Thai places charge by the kilogram which may be better value but a false economy if you end up with shrunken t-shirts and someone else's socks.

and I am still looking for a decent laundry in BKK or Pattaya that does have or use a HOT WATER machine.

I found a great laundry in Chiang Mai last year (Thai-Farang couple), but it seems a bit too far to send my specific laundry all the way up North.... :o

One of the problems here is the detergents that are available everywhere. Even the ones that are sold worldwide are here very fierce - I assume because there is so much cold water laundry, or the fact that clothes are sent to laundries when really dirty.

Nothing lasts here for long, which is why most residents have a stock of cheap clothes plus a few 'best' clothes for funtions and so on. If I worked in an office in Thailand I'd be hard pushed to keep up a decent appearance. Being a civil engineer on construction sites does have it's advantages.

a friend of mine used a laundry service whilst on holiday here.

he had an emergency call and had to go home quickly and completely forgot about his laundry.

personal circumstances dictated that he could not return to Thailand for 2 years.

anyway when he came back he thought about the laundry and visited them.

happily he saw the same woman still working there, that he handed his clothes to two years before

before he can speak she says to him, ''hey falang why you not pick up your laundry?''

incredulous that she remembered him after 2 years, he spluttered,'' i go back home, have big problem''

she says ''thats ok, no problem''

marvelling at her recognition and her laissez faire attitude, he ventures to ask her ;

'do you still have my laundry?''

she says

''yes you can pick it up on Friday!''

LOL That is funny!

Been there 8 times. Best ever is on soi 11, just across from the Intown Holiday Hotel, towards the sea. It is the second laundry down. Cheapest and best. Typically two ladies and one younger girl there. Clothes come back clean, folded and cheaply done. Very nice people too. Can't find my reciepts at the moment so I can't give the exact name.

I use since nearly two years the laundry of the A1 Hotel (that's the cruise ship shaped Hotel at Beach Rd). If you go down Soi 2, it's just before the Hotel itself at the left hand side. So you get the "Hotel Laudry Quality" but you don't pay more then at other laudrys.

I use since nearly two years the laundry of the A1 Hotel (that's the cruise ship shaped Hotel at Beach Rd). If you go down Soi 2, it's just before the Hotel itself at the left hand side. So you get the "Hotel Laudry Quality" but you don't pay more then at other laudrys.

Just a question.Is hotel laundry quality supposed to be a higher standard then regular laundry's?

Just a question.Is hotel laundry quality supposed to be a higher standard then regular laundry's?

Don`t bank on it. A lot of the smaller hotels send them out to be done and quality can vary but the price will be much more than if you took them to a laundry yourself. :o

It's not just a Kiosk, you can see the big Laundry just there. They don't airdry for example at a dusty roadside, AFAIK I think they tumble the laundry, but I never asked.

• 3 years later...

check this out - www.pattayalaundry.com

very clean and inexpensive

5 Baht for socks and underwear, 10 Baht for shirts, 10 to 15 for trousers ... incl. ironing

@ruthless: Thanks for your info about the laundry!

Called them on Thursday, pickup from my condo 1 hour later - all came back one day later - quick service and really clean. Will use them again.