Weather In Lao In June

Macx

Hi,

I'm thinking about going to Vang Vien/Luang Prabang and booking one of those river rafting excursions. How's the weather in the region in mid-late June? Would later in the year (say, Oct. or Nov.) be better?

I was there last March but the water level was too low.

Recommendations or suggestions on time, tour operators, or rivers would be greatly appreciated :o

Cheers!

July and August is when the water levels are at there highest.

In June the rain is really only just getting consistent so the rivers and only just getting going.

Never been on a whitewater trip but the main operator is Green Discovery (in Vientiane next to Khop Jai Deu).

Thank you, Technocracy :o

Much appreciated. Local, first-hand info is much more valuable than a couple of lines in the guide book.

I guess I'll be pushing my dates closer to July then.

Had a wonderful time cycling in Lao a few months ago. Certainly do envy your life up there. And, btw, thanks for all your posts in this forum. Sure have been very helpful.

Cheers :D

Thank you, Technocracy :D

Much appreciated. Local, first-hand info is much more valuable than a couple of lines in the guide book.

I guess I'll be pushing my dates closer to July then.

Had a wonderful time cycling in Lao a few months ago. Certainly do envy your life up there. And, btw, thanks for all your posts in this forum. Sure have been very helpful.

Cheers :D

No worries! :D

I quite like it here myself! :o