Black Pudding

highlander76

Anyone know a supermarket where I can buy a good quality black pudding

Black pudding ("Also known as blood pudding. Traditional European dish made with sheep or pig blood and suet, together with oatmeal, liver and herbs, stuffed into membrane casings shaped like a horseshoe. Although it is already cooked, it is usually sliced and fried. In Germany and France it is made without cereal. A 100-g portion is an exceptionally rich source of iron; a rich source of protein; a good source of niacin and copper; a source of vitamin B1; contains 22 g of fat, of which 40% is saturated; supplies 300 kcal (1260  kJ" - A Dictionary of Food and Nutrition) is on sale at Rimpings, as to the quality...guess that depends upon what you're using as your yardstick.

Cheers

Yos

There is a guy in Pattaya who sends British treats all over the country. I really like his breakfast sausages and black pudding. He is very famous. Does anyone know who I am talking about? :o

Yorkie's Sausages in Pattaya would fit the description UG, it is they in fact who supply Rimping, The Pub and others. Famous?? Well.... :D

Cheers,

Yos

OH MY GAWD!!!! That brings back traumatic memories. Bloed worst (black pudding) with red cabbage and 'EAT TILL IT'S FINISHED'. :o I was about 14 years old when I finally dared to plainly refuse.

Black pudding and oatmeal porridge ... never again :D

Nienke

OH MY GAWD!!!! That brings back traumatic memories. Bloed worst (black pudding) with red cabbage and 'EAT TILL IT'S FINISHED'. :o I was about 14 years old when I finally dared to plainly refuse.

Black pudding and oatmeal porridge ... never again :D

Nienke

Eh, bonnie lass you don't know what's good for you!!! Black ambrosia, straight from the Gods :D

Gan canny