Disabilty Not Retiring What Visa Or Problems

I need help on this one!

I am American 46 years olds.Getting 1500 USD month from SS.For a back disability.I can move about same as everyone else,I am not crippled nor do I need any special requirments.

I've got about 15,000.USD in a US bank I will transfer to a thai bank.I have a thai GF I will marry but not untill 2005.?Are disability payments viewed different by the thai goverment or does it matter.I do not plan to work.When I arrive I dont plan on returning to the US execpt for holiday maybe.

What visa should I appy for and where? :o

THanks

DD

I need help on this one!

I am American 46 years olds.Getting 1500 USD month from SS.For a back disability.I can move about same as everyone else,I am not crippled nor do I need any special requirments.

I've got about 15,000.USD in a US bank I will transfer to a thai bank.I have a thai GF I will marry but not untill 2005.?Are disability payments viewed different by the thai goverment or does it matter.I do not plan to work.When I arrive I dont plan on returning to the US execpt for holiday maybe.

What visa should I appy for and where? :o

THanks

DD

Once you marry a Thai all will be fine. Until then, there really isn't much you can do other than border hop on a multi entry non-immigrant visa. Unfortunately you are too young to retire, and there is no other provisions that accommodate you.

As Pat says try to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa from an honorary Royal Thai Consulate in the US prior to your travel. That will allow 90 day visits until you marry and then can be used for your first one year extension of stay after you get married and have the 400k in the bank. If unable to obtain O visa try to get 2 or 3 entry tourist visa to use until marriage.

Any money coming into Thailand from overseas will count toward the 40k per month requirement or the 400k in bank so you should not have any trouble after marriage takes place (other than normal wife troubles). :o