Flying Home

leprechaun

Hello.

My mother is due to fly back to the UK but suffers from an extreme case of Claustrophobia so therefore is a very nervous flyer. I am trying to find some thing legal and that can be purchased from a chemist here that will knock her out for the duration of the flight..

Anything that you can recommend???

Thanks…… :o

Hello.

My mother is due to fly back to the UK but suffers from an extreme case of Claustrophobia so therefore is a very nervous flyer. I am trying to find some thing legal and that can be purchased from a chemist here that will knock her out for the duration of the flight..

Anything that you can recommend???

Thanks…… :o

Alprazolam ( Xanax ), should have the desired effect.

1 Mg of Xanax = 20 Mg of Valium

Treat Alprazolam with respect, it is highly addictive, and once a dependency sets in, you will wish you had never heard of them, ask anyone who has tried to quit Xanax after a dependency.

The above advice is applicable for all drugs in the Benzodiazepine family.

I'm a really bad flyer. Severe phobia and fear. For many years I only went anywhere if I could get there by road, rail or sea.

Doc gives me a magic cocktail of Ativan ( tranquiliser) and propanol ( Beta blocker )

Works a treat. However the combi can make one too relaxed and a bit vague. Is she flying alone? Better really if she has company to make sure she makes any flight connections etc. I once wandered off leaving my hand luggage behind at Dubai. It was ages before I even noticed I'd lost my bag.

Tell the airline she is phobic and on medication and ask them to ensure the flight attendants take care of her. They are usually very good as they are extensively trained to deal with these problems. Gives them a chance to show that they are not just glorified waitresses too!

Rohypnol would probably do the trick!! I don't know if they still sell those..... 

probably get her laid as well if anyone knows she is on it.. you gotta be joking they have been outlawed everywhere I would have thought after being the main date rape drug.

I tied to buy some sleeping tabs for a flight recently here and it was very hard, the pharmacist gave me some small blue anti histamine tablets, they worked a treat knoked me out for 7 hours

• 2 weeks later...

Those little pills you get from the bus stations seem to work a treat. They are in clear plastic with brown writing and are called dimenhydrinate.

Take two of those babies and she'll be rocking like a baby.

• 4 months later...

That is the second reference I have seen about snake oil. I know there are several dozen medical and psychiatric journals on Hypnotherapy and its rapid effect on dealing with fears/phobias often in just a few minutes. I myself have dealt with well over 100 people who have been stricken by their fears to the point it was effecting their health and their jobs. Flying is common but the fear of failure is the most common. Often I find the fears are rooted in a childhood experience. Plus there are thousands of documented cases you can read on. You could read for days and just scratch the surface. Could you please provide a link or location that I could read up on snake oil. Perhaps western medicine has overlooked this. I am not trying to be sarcastic, I am very curious to know. Often holistic cures are overlooked because they can’t turn a profit. You must have some source of professional information otherwise you would have never taken the time to post your reply. However I would think that the dealing with the problem and not masking it is the way to go. I am sure other will also be waiting for your information too. It is a great way to gain face I am sure for providing accurate and useful information in this forum.

Take 10mg of ambien but be aware some people have troubles with that. I take it and it works well for me. Sometimes so dreams but nothing horrid. Be user be aware, it will make; you sleep so be ready to do just that. Think this is not available in Thailand..

skycop :o

I'm a really bad flyer. Severe phobia and fear. For many years I only went anywhere if I could get there by road, rail or sea.

Doc gives me a magic cocktail of Ativan ( tranquiliser) and propanol ( Beta blocker )

Works a treat. However the combi can make one too relaxed and a bit vague. Is she flying alone? Better really if she has company to make sure she makes any flight connections etc. I once wandered off leaving my hand luggage behind at Dubai. It was ages before I even noticed I'd lost my bag.

Tell the airline she is phobic and on medication and ask them to ensure the flight attendants take care of her. They are usually very good as they are extensively trained to deal with these problems. Gives them a chance to show that they are not just glorified waitresses too!

you can get ambien, which is just a trade name at BNH and Bumrungrad. You can also get xanax and valium at both BNH and Bumrungrad. Rohypnol is not primarily used for "date rape" nor is it outlawed everywhere. There certainly have been cases of sexual assault that have been connected with rohypnol but also with most other benzo's and tranq's, it just got so hyped out in the USA that it was descheduled as a legal pharmaceutical. One can still obtain it legally in most countries for severe anxiety and insomnia. Ambien works well for a non-groggy sleep and wake up, but I tend not to use ambien until the evening in the time zone i arrive in, since it helps me greatly to adjust to the jet lag.

Rx= Two gin and tonic before dinner one more after with 20 mg of valium and 10 mg of Ambien.

So far so good. This is a personal not a professional reccomendation.

My real preference wpould be a few Queludes and a snifter of Couvoisier VSOP.

Good night Betty... :o