The Ambiguous Term "light" To Describe Beer

Singha has decided to use the term "light" to describe a 3.5 beer (better known as piss). In USA and Europe "light" means low calorie.

I guess San Miguel has decided to follow the world standard of "light" to mean lower calorie, even though we do not know from the label how many calories are in the beer.

Singha has decided to use the term "light" to describe a 3.5 beer (better known as piss). In USA and Europe "light" means low calorie.

I guess San Miguel has decided to follow the world standard of "light" to mean lower calorie, even though we do not know from the label how many calories are in the beer.

:D:o:D

It certainly is confusing, as verified by some of the posters above.

San Mig Light is the same alcohol content as normal San Mig (5%), but lower calories. Singha Light is 3.5% alcohol compared to Singha at 5% (down from 6% due to exise duties apparently), and also lower calories (about 100 compared to 160).

In the UK we have always known light beers as low alcohol, but in the states they seem to be low calorie (so they can have an extra burger).

I have done extensive research into this subject matter, and confirm that Sigha Light is piss.

How insulting, using piss in the same sentence as light, meaning, quality of beer.

The average drinkers piss would be a far higher acoholic content and calorific content than lite beer.

Americans and Australians would be the biggest drinkers of lite brews.

REAL MEN, drink REAL BEER

Edited by Zpete

Singha Light has been around since 1992 to my knowledge and it was p1ss then, has there been a change or something I have missed?

There quite possibly has been a change. As soon as I see the word "Light", more likely spelt "Lite", on the same label as "Beer" the data is instantly ignored by the brain and I move on.

Unfortunately AFAIK beer is fattening :D so if you want to shed the Lbs (kg for the metricos) you have to cut down on the amber nectar :o .