Any Collective Rummage Sales In Cm ?

realthaideal

I'm moving at the end of this week and so have had plenty of time to take stock of how much extra cr@p I own after a few yrs here. I'm all for donations and plan to dispose of some of it that way. But as for fancy clothes n other items that I bought n never wore (outgrew or bought when too optimistic about the waistline, I'd like to see them go to the ppl who can use them best and maybe I can get a baht here or there back too. I read some byline about maybe Citylife doing something like a rummage sale, but don't know any of the details.

How about us starting one going? A big old swapmeet where we bring our stuff, where there's plenty of easy traffic going by, and can kick back together as we unload our treasures on other ppl. It's not practical for big furniture of course, but books, clothing, n small doodads I think would work. I'm going to move with all the stuff for now, but if we can come up with some good idea for where n how to do this it could be a fun CM community thing.

Any takers ?

There has actually been several very large yard sales during the past few weeks in Chiang Mai. Many of the international schools (esp CMIS and Grace)organize days where people can book space to sell their own items. They usually organize one in May and another in Sept/Oct each year.

They are highly popular with literally hundreds of people lining up to buy other people's junk. Two weeks ago, I helped a buddy sell his stuff. In two hours, he had nothing left at all. I'm sure that another collective yard sale would still be just a popular.