2 Entry Tourist Visa, Do I Have To Leave?

I have come to Thailand many times on the normal Tourist visa. I normally stay somewhere between 60 to 90 days which means 60 days on the original entry, then going to Soi Suan Plu and getting a 30-day extension for 1,900 baht.

This time I got a 2 entry tourist visa because I had planned to leave the country sometime during my extended sojourn and then return for a period over 30 days (i.e., longer than the the normal allowance for entry into the country without a visa).

However, my trip outside the country has fallen through and my original (read first entry) is about to expire. I can go to Soi Suan Plu, pay the 1,900 baht and extend. But here is my question-- since I am not going to use the "second entry" and the visa will expire before my next trip to Thailand, is there any way I can envoke the "second entry" without actually leaving the country?

The actual time peiod does not matter as I will only be staying for another 3 weeks (normally on the 30-day extension). I am not trying to be cheap and just save the extension fee either, but I would like to know if there is any way I can invoke the second entry (since I already paid for it) without actually leaving.

Thanks for any responses.

The name "entry" is self explanatory methinks.

To be able to "enter" you have to leave first!

The 30 day extension will be the quickest/cheapest option unless you happen to be right next to a border. For most neighboring countries you'll need to buy a visa on arrival, so not much financial advantage to be gained overall.