Corruption - Is It Right?

saraburioz

I am corrupt. Are you?

i don't consider myself corrupt but i love corruption. corruption makes life (for some, not everybody) so much easier.

I guess it depends upon how you wish your "world" to be. If you wish it to be like your home country ("advanced" western civilisation for example). As for me, I would NEVER like to return to the "advanced" western civilisation from whence I came. Why? Simply because the politicians in these countries know EXACTLY how to be corrupt & hide it perfectly. At least in Thailand, corruption is more "open" & is to some degree, an "option".

A world without corruption would be a world not worth living in. Unfairness and the ability to accomodate is the heart of the human experience.

I fully agree with the above.

The OP Started the same thread on 13th Nov last year: Corruption, Good or Bad?
It sounds like the original poster is a troll.

Agreed.

Check out his topics: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...r&mid=21302

- which include: how do Thai women's asses fair as they get older (closed immediately), how to import a kangaroo, where to buy a reindeer and how to send his boys to ballet lessons. Total troll.

I'm fed up with these "troll" accusations. It appears that if anyone says anything that is not to the liking of people, they are a "troll". Also, I didn't know that Thai women had/owned small horses. Oops! Sorry. I was confusing "<deleted>" with "asses".

Does anyone know how to import a kangaroo, by the way? Without paying bribes of course. I hate corruption!

I hope this is an old kangaroo.

The particular roo I'm thinking of importing gets very seasick and dreadfully airsick. Any way we could get him here overland from Brisbane?

I've raised Rock Wallabies in the past & they are very fragile (like all 'roos). To expect one to live in Thailand, especially with all the dogs, you'd have to be mad to want to import a 'roo. Did you try to imagine how you would feel if you were ripped from your country to live in a totally alien world?

Well said. :o With the parking tickets and speeding all I do is hand them the card of my Father in law and usually they don't even call him. If my wife is with me she does the speaking.

I don't know what "high powered" people you hang with, but no one of any importance pulls rank on minor items. It's called squandering one's position. More importantly, paying the fine with a smile is how you pull rank and show them who is boss. It is saying, 200baht, hahah I wipe my nose with that.

Influence is used to deal with real problems, not chicken sh*t events.

Perhaps you should consider hanging around with people with real influence and power and you might see how it works. Power is a mighty sword for those that know how to wield it. It's sort of pathetic to have to rely on pulling strings to avoid taking responsibility for one's actions and is about one step up from running home to cry in Mommy's bosom.

Edited by geriatrickid

I was going to put a considered rational response to this but then thought "why waste my time?"

If the OP is not a Troll he is a pathetic example of western man coming to a developing country just so he can get off on some power kick. Persoanlly I think he is a <deleted> ar5sehole.

I am corrupt. Are you?

i don't consider myself corrupt but i love corruption. corruption makes life (for some, not everybody) so much easier.

I guess it depends upon how you wish your "world" to be. If you wish it to be like your home country ("advanced" western civilisation for example). As for me, I would NEVER like to return to the "advanced" western civilisation from whence I came. Why? Simply because the politicians in these countries know EXACTLY how to be corrupt & hide it perfectly. At least in Thailand, corruption is more "open" & is to some degree, an "option".

A world without corruption would be a world not worth living in. Unfairness and the ability to accomodate is the heart of the human experience.

I fully agree with the above.

Agreed.

- which include: how do Thai women's asses fair as they get older (closed immediately), how to import a kangaroo, where to buy a reindeer and how to send his boys to ballet lessons. Total troll.

I'm fed up with these "troll" accusations. It appears that if anyone says anything that is not to the liking of people, they are a "troll". Also, I didn't know that Thai women had/owned small horses. Oops! Sorry. I was confusing "<deleted>" with "asses".

Does anyone know how to import a kangaroo, by the way? Without paying bribes of course. I hate corruption!

I hope this is an old kangaroo.

The particular roo I'm thinking of importing gets very seasick and dreadfully airsick. Any way we could get him here overland from Brisbane?

I've raised Rock Wallabies in the past & they are very fragile (like all 'roos). To expect one to live in Thailand, especially with all the dogs, you'd have to be mad to want to import a 'roo. Did you try to imagine how you would feel if you were ripped from your country to live in a totally alien world?

Well said, and after careful consideration I've come to the conclusion that the best place to raise the roo is far from the street dogs and other pests on the 43rd floor of my BKK apt.

I was going to put a considered rational response to this but then thought "why waste my time?"

If the OP is not a Troll he is a pathetic example of western man coming to a developing country just so he can get off on some power kick. Persoanlly I think he is a <deleted> ar5sehole.

Don't hold back Phil, speak your mind :o

Im in the same boat. My father inlaw knows alot of pollies and very rich people. He brought some of his mates to my wedding. They really looked after us.

Do you feel you would have been in danger without Police protection ? :o

Im in the same boat. My father inlaw knows alot of pollies and very rich people. He brought some of his mates to my wedding. They really looked after us.

Do you feel you would have been in danger without Police protection ? :o

And drank all his booze and ate all his food :D

Do you feel you would have been in danger without Police protection ? :D

:o:D Yeah, they really looked after him........... :D

I always find it amazing how all senior policemans sisters marry farang as well as all those influential peoples too?

All those nice middle class girls with good jobs in MNC's etc must not know anyone!

I always find it amazing how all senior policemans sisters marry farang as well as all those influential peoples too?

All those nice middle class girls with good jobs in MNC's etc must not know anyone!

My wife is not middle class -above that. Her father is not a policeman - member of the aristocricy. I am confused as to why a woman of her standing in Thai society choose me. She says it my stunning Ozzie looks - I used to be a top model in Oz, and internationally in the 90's. In fact I was on a shoot in Italy when we met.

Well said. :o With the parking tickets and speeding all I do is hand them the card of my Father in law and usually they don't even call him. If my wife is with me she does the speaking.

Why not learn how to drive so you don't get pulled over?

Sorry, this was 'cool' to do 10 years ago, even Thai people consider pulling connections in this manner to be pretty lame these days.

Nobodies come here and manage through luck or by screwing the right person to get a card to someone with enough leverage to get out of a parking ticket and they get all excited...woppedo!

My wife is not middle class -above that. Her father is not a policeman - member of the aristocricy. I am confused as to why a woman of her standing in Thai society choose me. She says it my stunning Ozzie looks - I used to be a top model in Oz, and internationally in the 90's. In fact I was on a shoot in Italy when we met.

Is it the Donz?

Looks like you have upset a few people who still have to pay their parking tickets. :o

Edited by burman

good LORD! you mean your father-in-law is a real aristocrite? :D by the way, when you were on that shoot in Italy... did you meet my cyclist grandmother who won the Giro d'Italia? :D

addendum: i hope we never meet. what if i become gay and fall for you? :o

Edited by Naam

It certainly wasn't your intellectual prowess, thats for sure.

You are acting like a kept woman and there are many other more crude descriptions for that type of person IMHO.

Mmmmm..... Man or mouse.

My wife comes from a very influential Thai family, which means I get off with a lot.

I have never had a parking ticket and got off with some serious stuff too, that had it been someone with no connections, they would be in Jail.

So when people say Thailand is corrupt, I say great, I love it.

I am corrupt. Are you? If you aren't connected but were, would you be?

When law becomes the old boys network and corruption is considered as perks for those employed in the industry and their mates, believing that they are above the law, is truly worrying.

The OP boasts and seems proud of this.

I can tell you that worldwide people like the OP and their mates are considered as unintelligent untermench and hopefully will be taken out of society in the future.

Edited by distortedlink

My wife comes from a very influential Thai family, which means I get off with a lot.

I have never had a parking ticket and got off with some serious stuff too, that had it been someone with no connections, they would be in Jail.

So when people say Thailand is corrupt, I say great, I love it.

I am corrupt. Are you? If you aren't connected but were, would you be?

When law becomes the old boys network and corruption is considered as perks for those employed in the industry and their mates, believing that they are above the law, is truly worrying.

The OP boasts and seems proud of this.

I can tell you that worldwide people like the OP and their mates are considered as unintelligent untermench and hopefully will be taken out of society in the future.

The type of person who owns dogs like yours are model citizens? :o They should all be extermniated.

I am not boasting, it embarrasses me actually. But if you did a crime(I know Im not perfect), would you go to jail rather than make a phonecall to your father in law?

Agreed.

Jet Set You called this one 100% correct! he sounds like a troll master!