Bus From Bkk To Kanchanaburi

glenbat

Im arriving in BKK about 10am and will be after an air con bus to kanchanaburi, wheres best to get one? I dont know BKK at all and not sure where my bus from Pattaya arrives (i know not very helpful am I) just wondered ifmost bus stations will have buses to Kanchanaburi every day? And would i buy a return ticket in BKK or buy a single once im at Kchanaburi?

Wanted to buy ticket in advance from Patts bus station and they said i couldnt do it, have to arrive 30 mis before want to travel on the day

Any help or advice greatly appreciated

Buses from BKK to Kan from Morchit and Southern Bus Station.

I think the last bus from Morchit is about 5pm. Maybe every hour but not sure and is aircon.

Last bus from Southern Bus station is about 10pm but not sure. Run every 20 minutes I think and are all aircon but you have a choice of first or second class. You get a cold bottle of water on 1st class.

Wifey says that you cannot buy a return.

Both routes take about 2 and a half hours.

above is partly right

It is however FAR, FAR easier as you think

DIRECT buses to SaiThai=the brand new Southern bustermnal now also run from Pattaya, ev 2, hrs, sorry, dont know exact times. and yes, you could have saved yuourself the trouble of going there, tix only sold for next bus out.

so only 1 change is needed. PTY bound buses from Mochit run also till 21.00.

Notenew SaiThai is FAR west out of town. the buses to there use the brand new south ring road.