Uk Tourist Visa For Wife And Children

Please can anybody advise me what documents I am likely to be asked for by the British Embassy to support an application for a one-month holiday visa to the UK for my wife and her two daughters aged 8 and 9?

We have been married for nearly five years and I have lived here in Thailand for nearly four years without leaving the country. I look on my wife's daughters as my own and they call me 'daddy' and they have no contact at all with their natural father.

Four years ago my wife was given a tourist visa for the UK. We asked for one month visa, were given a six month visa, and we left the UK together to come to live here within the one month we had asked for.

We live in a beautiful farang-style bungalow we had built two years ago and my wife has a tabien baan for the property and she and the two girls are the only people on it.

If the visas are granted we will stay with my father for a month. He lives alone in a three bedroomed house and will be happy to provide a letter confirming that and that he has invited us to stay and has enough rooms for us.

My wife doesn't work other than as a very busy wife, housewife and mother.

We have utility bills for the property in her name.

What I don't have is evidence we live together, other than hundreds of photos over the past few years.

I am registered with the embassy at this address and I recently renewed my passport postally at this address.

So what unexpected evidence are the embassy likely to ask for before they grant a visa for my wife and daughters.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Lung Bing

Khon Kaen

Hi Lung Bing,

It should be straightforward for your wife and step-children to get their visas. Supply the embassy with the following:-

Bank statements (both UK and Thai);

Evidence of any income;

A copy of your passport including the Thai stamps therein;

Some photos of you all together;

The letter from your father;

Proof of ownership of the house.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Hi Lung Bing,

I can't foresee any difficulties. Your wife's been to the UK before and complied and it will be evident to the visa officer that your future lies in Thailand from the stamps in your passport and the fact that you own a home there.

Yes, I live near Edge Lane but the one in Thornton, not Liverpool proper. Our old next-door neighbour used to work for Plessey. I think he was in the accounting side of things. Jim Glenton was his name.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Scouser,

Thanks again for the reasssurance. Yes my future lies here, it's that simple. I own just one chest-of-drawers in England containing mostly books that were too heavy to bring last time.

I worked for Plessey in Beeston , Notts. on System X but spent months up at Edge Lane and in various exchanges up there. It's their pension that's keeping me here !

Regards,

Lung Bing

Khon Kaen