The Grumpiest Ex-pat In Bangkok

CarlBkk

This is genius!!! I hate soaps but I was here at 10 on the dot waiting for todays installment!!! I need to go out but will wait for a while to see if anything occurs!!

Well done! I am only sorry that I moved out of Bangkok in April.

- -Sorry off topic - -

Unfortunately last nite's heavy rains, the ensuing flood into my ground floor apartment and subsequent clean up precluded me from attending this morning’s festivity. It wouldn't have been that bad if it was just rain water, but the black water which sprays UP out of the floor drains isn't rain water by any stretch of the imagination.

I am waiting for the updates to be posted here from this morning's attendees.

Hopefully I'll make it for tomorrow’s show.

Edited by tod-daniels

Anyone any good at acting (or maybe genuine)

it would be really funny if someone really "camped up" sat near him smiling, licking the lips fluttering the eyelashes etc....with a little wink thrown in now and again!

Or, just go straight to the point, the OP should wait til he is in his seat and tap him on the back from behind and smilingly explain, " 'scuse me, but I think your sitting in my seat!"

Just a quick update on this mornings happenings..... Sorry folks, he was a 'no show', HOWEVER, we have confirmation that he has his 'spot' booked for tomorrow....this is turning into a thriller!! The OP will have more info later I'm sure. Hang on to your seats..... its a nail biter. The staff are poised, the TV crowd is waiting.....

I have sorted the camera angles now so we should have some real action tomm, the staff thinks so for sure, they are so glad that we are doing this

Edited by ozsamurai

I bet he's been reading this whole thread and doesn't have the nerve to show his face around that cafe anymore.

I had the same thought Dave.

So, who could it be? Are any of the regular posters missing from this thread?

I was so happy to get 'The seat' today, only to joined and informed by the OP that GOM had phoned the coffee shop to let them know that he wouldn't be in today due to 'work commitments'. Not to worry, as ozsamurai has already stated, this is a one off and he's due back tomorrow for sure.......as are we!!!

The staff are right behind us on this one, and find it every bit as amusing as we all do.

Edited by thecatman

We're not going to cause the guy a breakdown...

Wait! What if this guy's a total psycho, just waiting to "go postal?" Are we playing with fire here? :o Maybe TV'er's should take something protective like a sharp-pointed flash drive.

...another possible sinister plot thread in the upcoming novel The Tortured GOM of Kruengthep.

Edited by toptuan

I was so happy to get 'The seat' today, only to joined and informed by the OP that GOM had phoned the coffee shop to let them know that he wouldn't be in today due to 'work commitments'. Not to worry, as ozsamurai has already stated, this is a one off and he's due back tomorrow for sure.......as are we!!!

The staff are right behind us on this one, and find it every bit as amusing as we all do.

Hope he doesn't come back armed. :o

Never mind, I'm sure that the legions of other similarly occupied voyeurs from here will help out if things get nasty.

As with one of the many posts above this appeals to the little voice inside me that says keep on poking until he explodes, although I normally manage to do this on the road.

Spare a thought for the Asst Manager. She has to take his abuse and may be worried about the repercussions if he complains about her.

To those that are able to attend this daily spectacle it might be worth the five minutes it takes to draw up a short letter of thanks to the member of staff that assisted you during a mythical encounter with 'The GOM'. This then forms part of the staff's defence from any attack that their managment may direct at them at a future date prompted by GOM's complaints.

GOM's action of moving stools to avoid people sitting too close is petty and can only cause futher poking....

What paper does GOM read - worth getting a letter published there?

(If published follow up with response for the need of public space seat resevations scheme.)

If the two TV members could keep a straight face a mock argument over another seat might be fun.

Ordering the same food and wearing the same clothes would be a really childish thing to do, almost as bad as copying his movements, turning the page, sip of coffee etc.....

A few days of letting him have his sit first could be spent in staking out the route he takes to get there, if you were able to identify his parking spot or seat on the BTS, could it be a personal victory to take the war outside of the coffee shop.

To the discussion about his OCD status, unlikely to be serious clinical OCD as you say that he changes travel time etc. This would be part of the ritual and also set in stone. Also unlikely to complain to anyone seeking redress.

Is there a Thai televison programme similar to Candid Camera (hidden cameras) - they might like this situation?Although in these days of YouTube his fame may be nearer still.

Good luck OP.

I am told hollywood is interested in the story :o so maybe there will be 5 minutes of fame for the GOM...

Sofar today was.. the crying part in the movie, what a letdown, the guy doesnot show up........... grrrrrr

I am told hollywood is interested in the story :o so maybe there will be 5 minutes of fame for the GOM...

Sofar today was.. the crying part in the movie, what a letdown, the guy doesnot show up........... grrrrrr

might be that he is a TV member and that he is going to play a game now....If tomorrow he does not show up, it will settle it

might be that he is a TV member and that he is going to play a game now....If tomorrow he does not show up, it will settle it

Naaaah cannot be, ALL TV members are nice guys.....arent we?? :D

Naaaah cannot be, ALL TV members are nice guys.....arent we?? :D

:D:D post of the day

Got a cam of near DV-quality on the cellphone and I'm sure others have a few cameras laying around...if it would ever be needed. :o

Having a waiting-line of TV-ppl for the chair would be a fun setup, but would have to be introduced after a series of days of confrontations.