The Grumpiest Ex-pat In Bangkok

CarlBkk

Staff bullying is not an alegation; There are 4-5 staff members who have confirmed, that they are sick of this treatment from him, unfortunately, they, being the end of the stick are unable to sacrifice their job over something like telling GOM to take a hike. They are stuck everyday, serving his self-important self, dredding the days when something beyond their control sets him off and threatens their jobs!!

I have no sympathy for this guy at all. If he has a 'personality problem' or whatever, fine. But if he wants to be blatantly rude to people or engage in this Mr-powerful-treading-on-those-beneath-him bullshit, then by all means jam it up is @r$e.

I hope the management there blacklist him - some customers aren't worth having.

I thought the best way to deal with Bullies was to confront them... sounds like we need someone to confront this guy and tell him what an a*s he is being. Maybe the guy will listen to a rational and calm discussion, maybe he wont... the best way to deal with this guy is to ask him why hes such an a*shole to the staff at the coffee shop and why he gets to angry when the seat he prefers to sit in is taken.

If the guy responds with aggression, then maybe he needs aggression back, i'm sure he will back down and slink off into oblivion, either that or someone will <deleted> him :o

What if the GOM doesn't actually exist at all. What if this is an elaborate hoax to boost trade for the coffee shop by making sure there is a constant stream of TV posters buying coffee and doughnuts.

If it is a hoax, then it would surely have to be nominated for some kind of global business marketing award targeting a specific demographic....

The problem is that a blacklisting isn't really done in stores without their own guards and a high-level manager on the scene at the time of the event leeding up to the blacklisting.

48 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 3 Anonymous Users)

WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING HERE? THIS IS MY FAVOURITE WEBSITE NOT YOUR'S. JUST PI55 OFF THE LOT OF YOU OR I'LL COMPLAIN TO THE MANAGEMENT......I'VE BEEN COMING HERE EVERY DAY AT THIS TIME FOR 7 YEARS. THIS IS MY PLACE!

Couldn't resist it ! sorry :o

55 User(s) are reading this topic (12 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)

Wow...is this a record?

i think it is amazing that thaivisa.com condones mass stalking.

this thread shows how very arbitary the moderation here is. I have seen far less intrusive threads deleted due to privacy issues, but that doesnt matter here because its "funny"

The guy is a w*nker and the thread is a hoot.

Please leave it be! :o

as someone who has made no attempt to maintain his anonymity, would you be pleased to find yourself and your shop the target of this mob?

i wouldn't think so.

I stopped in there this morning on the way to the hospital, but unfortunately I followed the employees to the basement level where the lift was locked out until 10. I managed to make it up there just after 10.

Another T/V member already had the prize seat and had his stuff spread out in a nice arrangement.

Evidently the GOM had called and said he would be 'golfing' today. The staff seemed amused that this was going on. Oh well...

I couldn't hang around but will definitely show up tomorrow. For the ones who were there I was wearing a KISS shirt and walking with the cane.

I asked the person in the 'prized seat' how he got in so quickly and was told the theatre on the 6th floor is the quick way in as the baricade is lowered at about ten til ten

Tune in tomorrow, same bat time, same bat channel...

Edited by tod-daniels

Hardly a mob, and its just taking a seat in a restaurant. Its called teaching a lesson and a showing some humor while doing so. :o As for UG I doubt he'd have to worry much about a scenario like this because he's a top notch lad who shows no ill will toward farang/thai(s) alike. :D

Hardly a mob, and its just taking a seat in a restaurant. Its called teaching a lesson and a showing some humor while doing so. :o As for UG I doubt he'd have to worry much about a scenario like this because he's a top notch lad who shows no ill will toward farang/thai(s) alike. :D

having read many of UGs posts its pretty easy to spot his achilles heel.

The funniest thing about this thread now is watching those people who don't agree with what's going on here........they just keep coming back again and again!!! They're just as hooked as we all are.

There are a million other threads on Thai Visa, if you don't like what you see on this one, then go read another, simple really isn't it???

P.S. Sorry I didn't make it down today Lads, still, I don't feel quite so bad now I know the GOC didn't show.

Edited by thecatman

since most of you guys are picking on this guy and even planning live video threads, etc...why stop...lets also focus on the other ugly expats or tourists, old male foreigners with their thai girlfriends half their age, old farangs with young boys, fat farangs drinking at bars, expats who splurge their monies at expensive malls without consideration for the starving, expats who over pamper their kids while their poor deprieved children overseas or even here, bored expat housewives and their nonsensical ladies get togethers, farangs who buy expensive real estate in a country that is not their own,............I mean the lists could go on......please let not this be a forum where expats are picking on each other instead of having solidarity to achieve and lobby for this that we want in Thailand.

God! For all I know I might be on a live TV video one day.

PS : I highlighted this site to a few reporters from various newspapers yesterday in particular the one about this topic and some are planning to a pieces about the expats and how they view their own kind...going to be interesting.

since most of you guys are picking on this guy and even planning live video threads, etc...why stop...lets also focus on the other ugly expats or tourists, old male foreigners with their thai girlfriends half their age, old farangs with young boys, fat farangs drinking at bars, expats who splurge their monies at expensive malls without consideration for the starving, expats who over pamper their kids while their poor deprieved children overseas or even here, bored expat housewives and their nonsensical ladies get togethers, farangs who buy expensive real estate in a country that is not their own,............I mean the lists could go on......please let not this be a forum where expats are picking on each other instead of having solidarity to achieve and lobby for this that we want in Thailand.

Well the list you provide is irrelevant because we are speaking about an intolerant rude wa*ker who goes ape shi*e over people that invade his imaginary reserved space in a public restaurant. The examples you list are stereotypes where this is an individual who needs his intolerant behavior corrected. We are all in solidarity to do our part and reform his behavior.

The guy is a w*nker and the thread is a hoot.

Please leave it be! :o

as someone who has made no attempt to maintain his anonymity, would you be pleased to find yourself and your shop the target of this mob?

i wouldn't think so.

"Target"? I don't see as anyone is hurting him by taking "his" seat, because it isn't his seat which he needs to have pointed out to him. No one is harming him other than that.

As far as a mob of humorous Thai Visa folks coming by my shop, it happens pretty much every day and I don't mind a bit. They are good company and they buy a lot of books. :D

Edited by Ulysses G.

Well the list you provide is irrelevant because we are speaking about an intolerant rude wa*ker who goes ape shi*e over people that invade his imaginary reserved space in a public restaurant. The examples you list are stereotypes where this is an individual who needs his intolerant behavior corrected. We are all in solidarity to do our part and reform his behavior.

we are all in solidarity ... listen to your own self importance. you are doing nothing but talking <deleted> on a forum.

My guess is that GOM has sussed what's going on and is trying to have the last laugh, what with a crowd turning up everyday to observe the "no show".

I bet he's found another place to have his breakfast. I wouldn't mind betting it'll be another shop in the Emporium.

If he doesn't show tomorrow, I suggest the OP checks out the other outlets - you never know your luck.

Perhaps we should designate a rendezvous point for everyone showing up tomorrow (Saturday) and then storm the shop.

Casualties could be high with a move like this but surely some would make it thru to take the beachhead err, I mean; prized seat.. ...