The Grumpiest Ex-pat In Bangkok

CarlBkk

PS : I highlighted this site to a few reporters from various newspapers yesterday in particular the one about this topic and some are planning to a pieces about the expats and how they view their own kind...going to be interesting.

Now that might be fun :o

Expats in Singapore are completely different of course - more of us and tending to be a better class :D:D:D

Edited by Prakanong

we are all in solidarity ... listen to your own self importance. you are doing nothing but talking <deleted> on a forum.

As are you my friend, as are you :D

I'm afraid that I must agree. :o

dam_n, shot myself in the foot there.

we are all in solidarity ... listen to your own self importance. you are doing nothing but talking <deleted> on a forum.

Indeed! :D

Indeed! :D

just found this in the wiki definition of stalking. it seems to fit quite well

Community stalking is more insidious than gang stalking, because it is not prosecutable. Member of a civic groups such as a club, volunteer firefighters, volunteer police, or especially neighborhood watches may overstep their boundaries and engage in surveillance and harassment of individuals believed (usually by rumor) to be criminals, pedophiles, annoying, homeless, or who are simply seen as undesirable for the community.

but hey, really its just good fun

My guess is that GOM has sussed what's going on and is trying to have the last laugh, what with a crowd turning up everyday to observe the "no show".

Agreed. In fact, i like to think he's invited a bunch of his own mates to sit nearby and watch the TV crowd.

I asked the person in the 'prized seat' how he got in so quickly and was told the theatre on the 6th floor is the quick way in as the baricade is lowered at about ten til ten

That was me!

I gotta give huge huge kudos to Andiamo- you lovely woman! Your advice about taking the carpark lift up to the theatre was right on the money!

The box office is open early, because the first show is at 10:30 AM. The escalators down to the 5th floor weren't running when I got there (9:40 ish) but started about 2 minutes later. They rolled up the barricade at 9:50. I actually could have gotten off the lift on the 5th floor; I rode up with a bunch of food court employees who were carrying in provisions. They were all wearing Emporium ID's, and I didn't want to stick out in the crowd too early and get hassled by security, so I continued on up to the 6th and waited there in the theatre lobby.

I was completely stoked to be the first one there! I walked in at 9:50 and asked if they were open, and they said yes. I ordered a slice of quiche and a latte. When I sat down in the right chair, all of the employees broke out in a big grin. It is clear that they really don't like the arrogant pr*ck and the crap he puts them through, and really appreciate having us show up to take this guy to task, which of course they just can't do for obvious reasons.

Another T/V member already had the prize seat and had his stuff spread out in a nice arrangement.

I did have the luxury of figuring this out quite perfectly. I put the chair a few inches shy of three feet away from the corner, which was to my left. The counter on that side had a big flower vase, a box full of menus and some other stuff, so there really wasn't any usable space over there. The GOM could have dragged a chair over and pushed his way into the corner if he really wanted to, but I would have been breathing right down his neck.

I put my breakfast in front of me, and got a newspaper from the rack and spread it open to read on my right side. There was ample space further down the counter for the 4 other chairs. I was soooo ready for the GOM to come and push on my newspaper!

It was easy to spot Carlbkk... the staff knew him right away and gave him the bad news about the guy calling and cancelling his "reservation" because he was going to play golf, which I could overhear clearly. Talk about anticlimax. All of you who have been following this thread and feeling it now too, don't feel so bad because I'm bumming harder than all of you!

It wasn't a total loss- Carlbkk and Ozsamurai are nice guys and I enjoyed shooting the breeze with them and had some laughs hearing about the previous episodes.

Sadly I'm going to be busy over the weekend and next week, so I probably won't get down there again. I will definitely be staying tuned to this thread every morning after 10, to hear the story of the next person to sit on the throne when he shows up next time!

Perhaps we should designate a rendezvous point for everyone showing up tomorrow (Saturday) and then storm the shop.

Casualties could be high with a move like this but surely some would make it thru to take the beachhead err, I mean; prized seat.. ...

The theatre lobby would be the ideal "staging area" for an assault like this. Even if the barricade doesn't go up until 10, you are only steps away from the restaurant at the bottom of the escalator.

I expect tomorrow will be busy. The GOM has made his reservation, and many people will be off work and able to go check out the fun!

The way to do it is to enter from Soi 24. There is a walkway down the side of the ramp leading in to the parking garage. As you are walking down the ramp you will see the lift lobby straight ahead of you, beyond the parking ticket machines / booths.

My guess is that GOM has sussed what's going on and is trying to have the last laugh, what with a crowd turning up everyday to observe the "no show".

I bet he's found another place to have his breakfast. I wouldn't mind betting it'll be another shop in the Emporium.

If he doesn't show tomorrow, I suggest the OP checks out the other outlets - you never know your luck.

I'm inclined to agree Mobi... if he cancels his reservation again tomorrow. You are probably spot on about him being in another restaurant somewhere on the premises. Carl thinks that he probably lives in the Emporium suites.

'

Thanks for the report Agent Bino - though you did forget to tell us how the coffee & quiche tasted........ :o

To those agents on "Operation Stool Fool" tomorrow please remember that you are doing us all proud, however T.V. is in no way responsible for your actions and distances itself from any involvement.

Good Luck Jim

This monitor will self destruct in 10 seconds..................

.BOOM

Edited by LeungKen

though you did forget to tell us how the coffee & quiche tasted........ :o

Sorry Ken! You're absolutely right- I should have mentioned this. They have at least a half dozen varieties of quiche, and I had the Salmon and Onion. It was excellent. The latte was pretty standard; nothing bad about it, but nothing special either.

The nerve of that guy!! Not showing up two days running....maybe the cat's out of the bag.

Sigh......24 more hours of anticipation.

Who's been missing from TV for the last two days????????????? .............................................

Overpriced cafe in upmarket shopping mall devises marketing strategy that costs nothing in advertising costs and effectively targets its market.

Possibly, but certainly won't cost much apart from time for a person stop in with a paper and order some tea/coffee! :o

A funny scenario would be; Carlbkk ("agent X1" :o )sitting in the holy seat sipping coffee so GOM have to sit elsewhere. Suddenly another guy (thaivisa agent X2 :D ) comes into the café, walks straight to Carlbkk and says in a loud voice: "hey, you have to move because I always sits here. No one else can sit on my chair". Without a word Carlbkk moves...A few minutes later agent "X3" enters the café...

A funny scenario would be; Carlbkk ("agent X1" :o )sitting in the holy seat sipping coffee so GOM have to sit elsewhere. Suddenly another guy (thaivisa agent X2 :D ) comes into the café, walks straight to Carlbkk and says in a loud voice: "hey, you have to move because I always sits here. No one else can sit on my chair". Without a word Carlbkk moves...A few minutes later agent "X3" enters the café...

Now, that sounds like the Monty Python

Overpriced cafe in upmarket shopping mall devises marketing strategy that costs nothing in advertising costs and effectively targets its market.

Gee Briggsy- sorry to hear that you're not qualified enough! :o

Marketing scam? I doubt it. Only 3 members and one wife / gf stayed to order anything. Tod had a medical appointment, and couldn't stay, especially in light of the fact that the main event was cancelled. There was apparently another guy that Carlbkk saw scoping me out through the window to figure if I was the GOM. (I don't match the description. I've got dark hair, and at least a decade and half younger.) I didn't see this guy; I was probably reading the paper. He didn't even come in to the restaurant.

So, the total sales this morning were three slices of quiche and three coffees for the guys, some cake and a drink for the lady. If they are getting rich off that, god bless 'em!

Moreover, how many customers would the GOM have to offend, who would probably just leave and never come back, before they found someone like Carlbkk who would take it online to the "target market" of Thaivisa??

I'm curious to know who you think is the perpetrator of this marketing strategy? The Oriental Hotel? The staff? The GOM? Carlbkk?

Do tell.

55 User(s) are reading this topic (12 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)Wow...is this a record?
i think it is amazing that thaivisa.com condones mass stalking. this thread shows how very arbitary the moderation here is.

I have seen far less intrusive threads deleted due to privacy issues, but that doesnt matter here because its "funny"

Not really, more importantly it's generating traffic, and that keeps the lights on, mod8(smoking%20pipe)a.gif

2 days in a row; he's definitely seen this thread!

I'm guessing T.S = GOM

Hi

No show 2 days in a row. He's sussed it.

If so he is now aware of how anti social his actions are and that they are unacceptable. Mission accomplished.

Who is T.S.?

TBWG :o

The theatre lobby would be the ideal "staging area" for an assault like this. Even if the barricade doesn't go up until 10, you are only steps away from the restaurant at the bottom of the escalator.

I expect tomorrow will be busy. The GOM has made his reservation, and many people will be off work and able to go check out the fun!

The way to do it is to enter from Soi 24. There is a walkway down the side of the ramp leading in to the parking garage. As you are walking down the ramp you will see the lift lobby straight ahead of you, beyond the parking ticket machines / booths.

Sounds like the theatre is the best rendezvous point before the Emporium officially opens. I'm in, see who ever shows up tomorrow morning.

I'm guessing T.S = GOM

Hi

If so he is now aware of how anti social his actions are and that they are unacceptable. Mission accomplished.

Who is T.S.?

Fully agree. This thread has learnt him a lesson.

I'm guessing T.S = GOM

Hi

Who is T.S.?

how old am i supposed to be again?

I'm guessing T.S = GOM

Hi

Who is T.S.?

how old am i supposed to be again?