Work Permitt And Visa Confusion

Hi everyone,

I have been working in Thailand for around 3 months now and am coming to the end of my 3-month non-immigrant B Visa and 3-month work permit. My company is happy for me to get another 3 months but I am confused on what I need to do.

My company suggest I go to Penang to get another 3 month visa, however, i have been told by a few people that i can just go to a border (I.E. Burma or Hat Yai) and get stamped for another 90 days. I am only going to be working with this company for another 30 days and after that i will be traveling thailand until visa runs out (remaining 60 days), before i return back home.

I am a New Zealand Citizen, 21 years of age.

Any information any one can provide would be very helpful to me.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Jason

Unless you have a multi entry visa you must obtain a new one to continue work or be stamped in for 90 days. If you have a valid multi entry visa then a border crossing/return will obtain the 90 day stamp.

Before you go, check your Passport:

Visa "No of entry"

S(ingle), if you go out, and wanna come back, 30 days, no nonB, no longer workpermit!

Eventually visa crossed, or stamped "used"

You have to go to a consulat, to apply for another visa

m(ultiple) "normal visarun" , Crossing any border, coming back, another 90 days

;-)

Hi everyone,

I have been working in Thailand for around 3 months now and am coming to the end of my 3-month non-immigrant B Visa and 3-month work permit. My company is happy for me to get another 3 months but I am confused on what I need to do.

My company suggest I go to Penang to get another 3 month visa, however, i have been told by a few people that i can just go to a border (I.E. Burma or Hat Yai) and get stamped for another 90 days. I am only going to be working with this company for another 30 days and after that i will be traveling thailand until visa runs out (remaining 60 days), before i return back home.

Jason

I'm not an expert on this one, but if you have a 3 month single entry non immigrant B visa and its about to expire, then you will probably need another one. And this means another trip to an embassy overseas, not just a border run.

So I guess your company is correct.

Go to Penang or KL better, as you might be able to get a 1 year multiple entry and save yourself some money. and time.

Good luck

Hi everyone,

Jason

I'm not an expert on this one, but if you have a 3 month single entry non immigrant B visa and its about to expire, then you will probably need another one. And this means another trip to an embassy overseas, not just a border run.

So I guess your company is correct.

Go to Penang or KL better, as you might be able to get a 1 year multiple entry and save yourself some money. and time.

Good luck

But if you are going on your travels, and not working then go to the border and get another 90 day stamp, (first get the Visa altered at Thai immigration for multiple entry). Good Luck :o