More Questions Abouth Nearly Everything

raybona

Hi guys, you probably know our situation already, so her's some mor facts abouth us. First of all we made a mistake by not telling you that we are'nt movin there before either November or next January. that is because we have things to take care of here first like rentalcontract, banking, carpayment, etc.

Here's some more details how we do things: We never were in India before we moved here, and the only resourse we had was Indiamike.com, from where we got all the info we needed, and 95 % of the info was very accurat. So we arrived here knowing more about Goa than the Goans themselves. We knew exact prices about tenderloin steaks per kg + 12 eggs + al the way up to secondhand car prices.

So now we are trying the same thing once more, relying on you good folks to help us out the same way. Had many helpfull answers already. but the more we know, the better.

By the way, we have a 9 year old chi-tzu with European passport and all the vaccinations, wil there be anyy problems to bring her with us?

Pls help us out,

Thanking you so much,

Ray & Jane

Hi guys, you probably know our situation already, so her's some mor facts abouth us. First of all we made a mistake by not telling you that we are'nt movin there before either November or next January. that is because we have things to take care of here first like rentalcontract, banking, carpayment, etc.

Here's some more details how we do things: We never were in India before we moved here, and the only resourse we had was Indiamike.com, from where we got all the info we needed, and 95 % of the info was very accurat. So we arrived here knowing more about Goa than the Goans themselves. We knew exact prices about tenderloin steaks per kg + 12 eggs + al the way up to secondhand car prices.

So now we are trying the same thing once more, relying on you good folks to help us out the same way. Had many helpfull answers already. but the more we know, the better.

By the way, we have a 9 year old chi-tzu with European passport and all the vaccinations, wil there be anyy problems to bring her with us?

Pls help us out,

Thanking you so much,

Ray & Jane

not at all, they quite enjoy eating dog in CHiang Mai

For importing your dog, there will be no problem or quarantine as long as her vaccinations are up to date, her health is ok, and the health certificate, export and import papers are in order. Here you can find more info: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88593

You can also pm Annabel (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showuser=56739) who brought her three dogs from India last year. I'll tell her to check TV a bit regular the coming days.

There are many vets and veterinary clinics here. The one I go to with my dogs and my customer dogs is Ban Mha ka Meaw (or Dog and Cat Animal hospital. tel: 053 - 204 215).

Another one where many foreigners are going to is Dr. Nook Animal Hospital, tel. 053 - 818 905.

And there is also the Small Animal Hospital, belonging to the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, although waiting hours are long there. Tel: 053 - 948 031

In all hospitals they speak good English.

Nienke :o

Ray and Jane.

I read IndiaMike and agree that it is a wealth of information. ThaiVisa is also but you have to work to get what you are looking for. Every question you might have has been asked and answered somewhere on the site. Search all the forums and then there are specific forums where you will find information on subjects like real estate, cars ....

Another site that has alot of information is www.stickmanbangkok.com.

Before I came her a few years ago, I must have downloaded 500 pages of info and you know something, I have never read it since.

There is also the Chiang Mai expats club : http://www.chiangmaiexpatsclub.com/index.asp

Tuskers bar offers a welcome dinner for new comers to Chiang Mai. http://tuskersbar.com/index.php?page=movingtochiangmai

The thrill of travelling is the sheer fun of experiencing the unexpected. dont get too bogged down on facts or peoples opinions about the place. Come see for yourself.