Vientiane

Hello

I am here with a tourist visa (3x) that will expire on next week. There is a company willing to hire me that gave me all the documentation (prepared from their lawyer) for a NON-B visa in order to get a work permit.

The problem is that they can't provide in time the WP3 recive.

I am going to Ventiane because i read from other post is the most friendly Embassy araound thailand at the moment.

My worries are:

Do i have any chance to get a NON-B visa without to show the WP3 recive?

Will i know if they will give me this visa at the moment i will present all the paper works or the day later when i will have to pick up the passport?

In case they will refuse the NON-B can i apply in the same day for a tourist visa?

Last question

At what time i will be able to reach the Udon Thani airport if i will will pick up my passport on 13:30 in Ventiane?

I only know about Malaysia. A pal of mine had to do this, about a year and a half ago tho' so someone may hopefully have more up to date info. He didn't have the WP3- they extened his visa for a month or so (for free) and he just had to go back with the WP3.

I think they inform you when you give in the paperwork if there is something missing.

You will be able to get a tourist visa at the border regardless when you return if you need to.

Udon? I have no idea- sorry, it can't be a very long flight.

I am going to Ventiane...Do i have any chance to get a NON-B visa without to show the WP3 recive?

There was this recent post from a member who got a single-entry non-B visa in Vientiane a work permit:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1985675

Please let us know how it goes. I am trying to keep track of what consulate in the region issues what types of visa in this thread.

--

Maestro

• 2 weeks later...

I am back from Ventiane and i can confirm that WP3 was not mandatory.

I provided all other documentation and i got my NON-B visa without too many questions except a red stamp on my passport with an advice that i have to apply for a work permit wich should be presented net time to the officer.

I hope this will help someone with the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...

did you get a multi or single?

I am back from Ventiane and i can confirm that WP3 was not mandatory.

I provided all other documentation and i got my NON-B visa without too many questions except a red stamp on my passport with an advice that i have to apply for a work permit wich should be presented net time to the officer.

I hope this will help someone with the same problem.