This Is Turning Me Insane...

Gaccha

In England there is a Wilkinson Sword Diamond 3D Protector. Unlike every other shaver in the entire World, the gimmick in this shaver really really works. It is just 5-6 metal strips that totally stop you cutting yourself. And it is driving me bananas that I can't find it in Bangkok. Help! :D

They are sold worldwide under various brand names. In the US they come under Schtick. I used them when I lived in Japan. Where can I find them? At Tesco and Boots they only seem to sell Proctor and Gamble's Gilette range. :D

When using a Protector I can shave without shaving foam in the shower in 2 minutes. When I use an ordinary shaver it takes 10 minutes, cuts everywhere and lots of bloodied tissues... :o

as gay as this might sound :

1) exfoliate scrub before shaving

2) let the shower heat get your face nice and hot before shaving in the shower

3) shave with the grain, not against(not 100% smooth as a bargirls bottom, but still ok)

4) keep shaver sharp by drying it after shave and storing in a dry place

3) shave with the grain, not against(not 100% smooth as a bargirls bottom, but still ok)

It's annoying that I am actually going to have to take this advice. Found a photo of my love of my life here: http://www.wilkinsonsword.co.uk/men/showro...ctor_3d_diamond This does look like a plug, but then the odds of a huge multi-national starting a forum topic seem pretty unlikely. :o

It's annoying that I am actually going to have to take this advice. Found a photo of my love of my life here: http://www.wilkinsonsword.co.uk/men/showro...ctor_3d_diamond This does look like a plug, but then the odds of a huge multi-national starting a forum topic seem pretty unlikely. :o

I'm sure you must have thought of these options before but:

1) You could try the "contact us" option on the website and ask if there is an outlet in Thailand, or

2) ask a friend in UK to post some to you.

I would choose option 2 - but have no friends. :D

Perhaps the US brand name is Schick. Schtick is probably Yiddish word for a joke or routine of a comedian. I see schtuck is a British word for trouble.

I am still trying to solve the shaving problems. Disposable razors are no good, and the 1000-baht battery shaver was a loss. Guess I need a 5000 baht machine.

Guest Reimar

I use the Gilette Mach 3 and that never had cut me! available at most Dep-Stores and Foodland as well.

Cheers.

I'm impressed with the Gillette Mach 3 too. It's the only shaver I've owned that doesn't draw blood on the first shave.

Or you could use the alternative method, roll up some newspaper, set it on fire and wave it near your stubble. :o

When using a Protector I can shave without shaving foam in the shower in 2 minutes. When I use an ordinary shaver it takes 10 minutes, cuts everywhere and lots of bloodied tissues... :o

Crikey, clearly your father never taught you how to shave properly. And that shaver that you are pimping, I think most men would be embarrassed if others spotted that ridiculous looking thing in their home, you freakin wuss.

I use the Gilette Mach 3 and that never had cut me! available at most Dep-Stores and Foodland as well.

Cheers.

Good choice Reimar. I have used them for years and never had a problem. Foodland and 7/11 sell the replacement blades.

Cheers, Rick

With all this talk of the Mach 3 I am tempted to chuck out the Tesco-own brand that I've just used that tried to rip my face off. It is annoying having to remember all those things about following the natural growth of the hair... :o

With all this talk of the Mach 3 I am tempted to chuck out the Tesco-own brand that I've just used that tried to rip my face off. It is annoying having to remember all those things about following the natural growth of the hair... :o

Mach 3 for me- rarely cuts, blades are a bloody rip off tho'

I'm impressed with the Gillette Mach 3 too. It's the only shaver I've owned that doesn't draw blood on the first shave.

Or you could use the alternative method, roll up some newspaper, set it on fire and wave it near your stubble. :D

Wassup Desperate Dan, lost that blowtorch?

The good ole Mach 3 does me okay but every time I go back to the UK I have to remember to bring back a stack of blades. The blades I buy in S.E. Asia just don't seem to have the same edge. :o

Mach 3 for me- rarely cuts, blades are a bloody rip off tho'

Absolutely. At least this isn't another case of price disparity; I remember them being crazy expensive in Canada as well.

That said, I will not use any other type of razor, bank balance be damned!

BFD!

I vote for the Mach 3 too. If there is a better one, I haven't found it. The blades are expensive but I can use one blade for about three weeks without any noticeable change in comfort.

The Mach 3 is the greatest technological advance in the history of mankind. Seriously.

Agreed, if you get a cut from one of those, you have some seriously wonky skin.

As others have said, the replacement blades are hideously expensive, but they do last much longer than any other brand I've tried, and my local FamilyMart stock them ..... yay.

I used to have the Mac3 Turbo Power, that had a small battery inside and it vibrated, closest shave ever, but then my wife and friends used it to shave her brothers head when he was off to the Wat and it just got left in the bucket of water when they had finished...... bastids.

The Mach 3 is the greatest technological advance in the history of mankind. Seriously.

Correct. Thats why they are the number one item to STEAL from UK shops. Check out E-bay and see the volumes for sale. Its a great shame that I cannot find the 5 bladed version (Mach3 Turbo) available here in LOS. Thats the best razor that I have used by far.

Anyone know where they are available (other than Ebay! Ooops :o )

Dave

Sorry, can't help with the 5-bladed version.

Once, I was being interviewed by a reporter for a weekly culture magazine in Canada. he asked my what my biggest lifestyle change would be in I ever 'hit it big' with my then-current band. I told him that the biggest change I would make would be that I'd use a fresh mach3 (both blade and handle) every time I shaved. Turns out, the guy's dad was the owner of a Shopper's Drug Mart and he gave me a crapload of the replaceable blades in exchange for free admission to my band's shows for awhile. The band broke up shortly after that, but I've only recently run out of replacement blades!

BFD!

Have been using the Mach 3 for many years now. I use the same blade for 2 months, but then I do have a rather soft beard and only shave 5 days a week. Use that with the Gillette foam and no cuts or irritation.

TH

I used to have the Mac3 Turbo Power, that had a small battery inside and it vibrated, closest shave ever, but then my wife and friends used it to shave her brothers head when he was off to the Wat and it just got left in the bucket of water when they had finished...... bastids.

I used to have the Mac3 Turbo Power, that had a small battery inside and it vibrated, closest shave ever, but then my wife and friends used it....

I really liked where your story was gong up until this point - then you had to go and ruin it by all that talk of brothers and monks - shame on you. :o

for a better efficiency and a lower cost I am actually thinking of converting my very reliable Mach 3 to LPG, and then to go and test my new baby face look at the Oriental Cafe at The Emporium....

Seriously, Mach 3 for me !!

Edited by Who, me ?

Without any doubt.

Before Mach 3, it was dark ages.

After... light, peace and comfort.

:o

I found it astonishing that some men are still wondering about the shaving issue, and what gear to choose !

Mach 3.

I really liked where your story was gong up until this point - then you had to go and ruin it by all that talk of brothers and monks - shame on you. :o

Ooops, sorry, won't happen again....... I'll change my signature to Mach 3 in recompense :D

tried for years all fancy shavers. my judgement = they are all bullsh*t! my experience = throw away shavers work best :D in Thailand my wife buys "BIC Comfort Twin" for me.

personal note: anybody who manages to cut himself with any shaver should grow a full beard and should be banned from driving any motor vehicle in public traffic! :o