I Want To Live In Bkk/work In Uk/buy House In Bkk?

...3 Lots of different opinions about the visa issue...embassy says multi entry..some ppl say tourist visa?
if on "O" mutli-entry yes...but seeing as you are on 28/28 rotation you can get away with a visa wavier stamp if you plan your in's and out's properly...

Glenn, even if with careful planning of your visits to Thailand you manage never to exceed a total of 90 days visa-exempt stays within a six-month period you should opt for the multiple-entry non-O visa which is, as Astral said, the ideal visa for you. With repetitive visa-exempt entries you would soon find yourself held up at the immigration desk for a long time on every arrival in Thailand while the officer is trying to figure out

1. when your current six-month period started

2. how many visa-exempt days you have already had during this period

Get the multiple-entry non-O visa and you will breeze through Thai immigration.

--

Maestro

cheers .....ur right there...multi entry is the visa for me

hi there ppl....ok...ive read all ur comments and suggestions and thx.I think some ppl r missunderstanding me here...Just to put the record straight on a few points..My pay isnt the issue here but to ease some minds..its £1400 per month.When at sea,im not spending anything,so technically every time i get home,theres just short of £3000...in baht thats..192,546 THB.Also ill be tax free as ill be over 183 days out of the UK.Also the 12 hr workin day ...well ha ha ha ...im lucky if i do 2 hrs work each day...lol.Any1 who has worked on a supply ship will know its steaming around all day and doin a bit of cargo with the rigs now and then...Getting back to the subject in hand..The post i sent was a copy of an email i sent..(still waiting for a come back on that 1)ill keep u informed wot the reply is ,when i get it.All im needing is answers to these few questions plz

1 Is there any problem with me just goin to bkk and renting a house?

2 If i save with a thai bank..any chance of a mortgage after 1 year saving with them?

3 Lots of different opinions about the visa issue...embassy says multi entry..some ppl say tourist visa?

4 Dont want to take future mum inlaws offer..might get shafted down the line..Is limited company my best option?

5 Whats the best way to organise my money?...Do i just take ready cash back to bkk and bank it? or have it transfared to thai bank?

6 I got a list of 33 lawyers in bkk..If any1 has used a good english speaking lawyer,can any1 recomend a decent trustworthy one?

7 Also,as emails to lawyers aint the best way of comms...calls to bkk can be expensive from uk.Does any1 know of some1 uk based i can contact?

Think ive covered all i need to know,but im sure ill think of other things later.lol

Oh yeah,while i remember and thx for ur help but i cant rent my home in the uk..got to sell up...its the old d.i.v.o.r.c.e. sinario.

I know u ppl r genuinely trying to help and advise me and i really do appreciate ur help but i dont seem to be getting anywhere fast.I have done all i can in the uk and want to get there asap.Maybe im wrong but i got it in my head...if i just get there and rent,thats half the battle.At least ill be in bkk and getting cash put into a bank.Also i feel that if im there,then i can go see these lawyers face to face and get the wheels in motion.No point in me sittin here in the uk when i could be doin the same in bkk.Missin Khao san Rd and the Singha and i aint gonna give up on this,ill get back there one day..ha ha ha

Anyway ppl...thx and keep ur comments comin...

Dear Glenn

I used a firm of lawyers called BSA Law in Rajdamri, and I found them to be very professional and cost efficient. They have a web site and a very good American working for them who can communicate with you if you have any problems with Thai. I used them to buy my condo, and they were excellant, as I had to return to the UK, and they did all of the legal work, house registration, etc., and kept me upto date with the procedures via e-mail. I would certainly use them again without hesitation.

thx for ur input...this BSA....not sure if the SA part is Sunbelt Asia?...or something different.Sent sunbelt an email(quoted at top of my forum page)..still waiting for a reply,so i have resent same mail again.....soooooo slow to get a reply

hi there ppl....ok...ive read all ur comments and suggestions and thx.I think some ppl r missunderstanding me here...Just to put the record straight on a few points..My pay isnt the issue here but to ease some minds..its £1400 per month.When at sea,im not spending anything,so technically every time i get home,theres just short of £3000...in baht thats..192,546 THB.Also ill be tax free as ill be over 183 days out of the UK.Also the 12 hr workin day ...well ha ha ha ...im lucky if i do 2 hrs work each day...lol.Any1 who has worked on a supply ship will know its steaming around all day and doin a bit of cargo with the rigs now and then...Getting back to the subject in hand..The post i sent was a copy of an email i sent..(still waiting for a come back on that 1)ill keep u informed wot the reply is ,when i get it.All im needing is answers to these few questions plz

1 Is there any problem with me just goin to bkk and renting a house?

2 If i save with a thai bank..any chance of a mortgage after 1 year saving with them?

3 Lots of different opinions about the visa issue...embassy says multi entry..some ppl say tourist visa?

4 Dont want to take future mum inlaws offer..might get shafted down the line..Is limited company my best option?

5 Whats the best way to organise my money?...Do i just take ready cash back to bkk and bank it? or have it transfared to thai bank?

6 I got a list of 33 lawyers in bkk..If any1 has used a good english speaking lawyer,can any1 recomend a decent trustworthy one?

7 Also,as emails to lawyers aint the best way of comms...calls to bkk can be expensive from uk.Does any1 know of some1 uk based i can contact?

Think ive covered all i need to know,but im sure ill think of other things later.lol

Oh yeah,while i remember and thx for ur help but i cant rent my home in the uk..got to sell up...its the old d.i.v.o.r.c.e. sinario.

I know u ppl r genuinely trying to help and advise me and i really do appreciate ur help but i dont seem to be getting anywhere fast.I have done all i can in the uk and want to get there asap.Maybe im wrong but i got it in my head...if i just get there and rent,thats half the battle.At least ill be in bkk and getting cash put into a bank.Also i feel that if im there,then i can go see these lawyers face to face and get the wheels in motion.No point in me sittin here in the uk when i could be doin the same in bkk.Missin Khao san Rd and the Singha and i aint gonna give up on this,ill get back there one day..ha ha ha

Anyway ppl...thx and keep ur comments comin...

Dear Glenn

I used a firm of lawyers called BSA Law in Rajdamri, and I found them to be very professional and cost efficient. They have a web site and a very good American working for them who can communicate with you if you have any problems with Thai. I used them to buy my condo, and they were excellant, as I had to return to the UK, and they did all of the legal work, house registration, etc., and kept me upto date with the procedures via e-mail. I would certainly use them again without hesitation.

what is the web addy and who is the american plz....thx for ur help

...buying a condo with bank loan is not a problem,uob and bangkok bank does it now,but if you want to buy land and build a house or land with house on it under a thai name and later lease it from them for 30 years...

Good point there....yeah if any1 knows a way to get a bank loan for a mortgage when not married ...plz let us know...thx

Glenn, No BSA Law has nothing to do with Sunbelt Asia. They are a firm of attorneys who can help with most of your enquiries. Good Luck.

Found their web page and thanks...i have mailed them now...just hope the reply is faster than sunbelt asia....Twice i have sent them mail and still got no reply.Ill keepu posted on howi get on with them...cheers