Installing A Swimming Pool

brjh

Has anyone recently installed a swimming pool in their garden. Can they give me some idea as to how much per square metre I would need to budget for, and point out any pitfalls that need to considered in selecting a contractor.

I have always used Home & Pool on 3rd road, reliable and established company, ive never had any problems with them.

Your price will depend on what style and size of pool you want, Overflow, Skimmer etc. and if you want Spa seat / Jacuzzi or not.

Good luck!

Has anyone recently installed a swimming pool in their garden. Can they give me some idea as to how much per square metre I would need to budget for, and point out any pitfalls that need to considered in selecting a contractor.

A lot of people are now going to salt water pools, as they are easier to maintain & healthier so i'm told, although the intial cost is a little more, if your looking for a pool builder who really knows his stuff regarding salt water pools, pm me & i'll send you his contact details.

A square or rectangle pool is usally cheaper, if you go for round/kidney shape pools, they cost a little more, it is also cheaper to have a skimmer system,, overflow is more expensive.

Cost is also determined on type of tiles you use, the better the quality higher the cost.

Also ask your prefered contractor to show you some of his previous work, & if possible speak to some previous clients

A lot of people are now going to salt water pools, as they are easier to maintain & healthier so i'm told, although the intial cost is a little more, if your looking for a pool builder who really knows his stuff regarding salt water pools, pm me & i'll send you his contact details.

a lot of people who talk about "salt water pools" have no freaking idea what they are talking about. what they mean is a setup which generates chlorine from salt through electrolysis. that means there's chlorine in those so-called salt water pools but no salt water (although the salt contents is a tad higher). on top of that other chemicals are needed to balance the water like in a "normal" pool and of course the expressions "easier to maintain and healthier" are not warranted at all.

a lot of people who talk about "salt water pools" have no freaking idea what they are talking about. what they mean is a setup which generates chlorine from salt through electrolysis. that means there's chlorine in those so-called salt water pools but no salt water (although the salt contents is a tad higher). on top of that other chemicals are needed to balance the water like in a "normal" pool and of course the expressions "easier to maintain and healthier" are not warranted at all.

Be careful of chauffeur's that over building advice!!

Check out the swimming pool forum for some great advice :o

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...mp;s=&f=108

geoffphuket