Lets Say You Had 5 Million Baht, Where Would You Invest

The Topic pretty much explains itself.

You had 5 million baht to invest in Thailand and only Thailand, what would you do?

:o ....good on you that you left the idea of buying 5 condo's for 1M Baht each, behind.

If you are in LOS yourself you could invest in a high end kind of condo, have it luxuriously decorated and either rent it out to a Japanese company (for one of their CEO's) with a 3 month bank guarantee or rent it out shorter term (but higher income).

With luxuriously decorated I mean like a 5 star suite in a top BKK hotel.

However, I doubt if 5M would be enough with my idea.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

That's depend on which area of thailand you like to live personally I invested much more than that in Ubonratchathani and I'm quite happy with the investment.

Of course you need a bit of a business plan on what you like to do and what is experties.If you try to invest like many foreign they do in Thailand with no experience in the field they invest for sure you loose the capital. :o

Where do you want to live?

Fish farms are good earners, but not for someone living in Bangkok.

Add some more information to make it easier for us.

Five million baht can go a long ways outside of the major cities and yield a very good, stable return.

What is your past experience?

You had 5 million baht to invest in Thailand and only Thailand, what would you do?

Timing is important. Timing to buy and timing to sell. So you need to answer one important question: when do you think you would need this money to upkeep your life style or it is a surplus cash.

If it is a surplus cash, then put all in blue chip stocks. But don't buy them immediately. Wait for crisis, when every body is panicky and irrational. Diversify a bit. PTT, BBL, Banpu and MCOT are now in my mind.

Timing is important. Timing to buy and timing to sell. So you need to answer one important question: when do you think you would need this money to upkeep your life style or it is a surplus cash.

If it is a surplus cash, then put all in blue chip stocks. But don't buy them immediately. Wait for crisis, when every body is panicky and irrational. Diversify a bit. PTT, BBL, Banpu and MCOT are now in my mind.

judging from the OP's other posting he is not talking about surplus cash but requires an investment to generate income for living expenses. he can't live on the expectation that share prices appreciate nor can he afford to wait for a crisis :o

I would buy up as much land as I can out here in the sticks for 3 1/2 million, buy a new tractor for about another million. The remainder apart from a decent couple of bottles of whisky I would spend on my wife and son as they are the best investment I have ever made in my life.

The investment is in their future and not mine.

Edited by billd766

Well I have a 2 storey house already in Bangkok and I also have a big block of land, thanks to the father inlaw.

The father inlaw has a huge construction business, so we are thinking of building units there and renting them out.

The land I have is in Nongkam which is pretty much on the outer BKK.

Thats our plan and also finding a job as a teacher part time and running a small tourist business.

But I just want to see what other would do, I will have abit more then 5 million as i have money that I dont want to touch (for a rainy day) but 5 million is the max I want to spend

Fish farms are good earners, but not for someone living in Bangkok.

For fish farms that export, being located in Bangkok (and the closer to the airport the better) is typically part of the formula for success.

:o

Well I have a 2 storey house already in Bangkok and I also have a big block of land, thanks to the father inlaw.

The father inlaw has a huge construction business, so we are thinking of building units there and renting them out.

The land I have is in Nongkam which is pretty much on the outer BKK.

Thats our plan and also finding a job as a teacher part time and running a small tourist business.

But I just want to see what other would do, I will have abit more then 5 million as i have money that I dont want to touch (for a rainy day) but 5 million is the max I want to spend

Daddies a billionaire and his son inlaw is gunna be an english teacher.... :o ....how proud he must be at the billionaire club meetings.

"Daddies a billionaire and his son inlaw is gunna be an english teacher.... :o ....how proud he must be at the billionaire club meetings"

LOL...Excellent.....maybe he should invest in a new yacht or seeing as the Aston Martin is looking a bit tatty...buy a new one...Got to look the part of the Billionaire son-in-law when he turns up for English class....

Daddies a billionaire and his son inlaw is gunna be an english teacher.... :o ....how proud he must be at the billionaire club meetings.

there... there... read all postings from "TheDon" and take everything he writes "cum grano salis". didn't we all like to boast and exaggerate a bit when we were young boys and still living in a dream world? :D

Yeah im great, im sure you all even admit that.

The father inlaw didnt accept me into the family at first, said I should have a uni degree or a business, but finally likes me. I had the owner of Beer chang at my wedding and i get unlimited beer when I make the move. I guess some people are lucky. And yes it my wife's land, but when your married its both of ours which suits me fine.

I know when I move to Thailand, my presence alone will boost the baht.

Anyways enough with the jokes.

So if you were me what would you do? Im thinking of buying a small place in Australia to rent out but I would want to know what other options I would have in Thailand, I know Thailand is a up and coming country. Buying land or units sounds like a good idea to me as I think in 10 years or so the price of the property would have gone up abit.

The father inlaw didnt accept me into the family at first, said I should have a uni degree or a business, but finally likes me. I had the owner of Beer chang at my wedding and i get unlimited beer when I make the move. I guess some people are lucky. And yes it my wife's land, but when your married its both of ours which suits me fine.

So if you were me what would you do? Im thinking of buying a small place in Australia to rent out but I would want to know what other options I would have in Thailand, I know Thailand is a up and coming country. Buying land or units sounds like a good idea to me as I think in 10 years or so the price of the property would have gone up abit.

Guess again.....wrong answer....unless your Thai....the land is not both yours, its your wifes and always will be

You seem to be going off topic on your own post...."You had 5 million baht to invest in Thailand and only Thailand, what would you do"?...and now talking about buying land in Aussie..???

Please go ahead and invest in a much land as you want in Thailand....but you may as well just give the money directly to your wife and family...

We dont you invest in the land you are currently living in...seems to be La..La land... :o

Guess again.....wrong answer....unless your Thai....the land is not both yours, its your wifes and always will be

You seem to be going off topic on your own post...."You had 5 million baht to invest in Thailand and only Thailand, what would you do"?...and now talking about buying land in Aussie..???

Please go ahead and invest in a much land as you want in Thailand....but you may as well just give the money directly to your wife and family...

We dont you invest in the land you are currently living in...seems to be La..La land... :o

Silly you, seems you need to learn how to read English.

Im asking what would YOU do with 5 million to invest in Thailand and I want to know your thoughts as im thinking about buying in Oz but want to see what is in Thailand.

Also me and the wife view everything as ours, doesnt really matter what the law says, The land is ours and the other part about being hers etc is if we split which I'm 100% wont happen.

Im asking what would YOU do with 5 million to invest in Thailand and I want to know your thoughts as im thinking about buying in Oz but want to see what is in Thailand.

Also me and the wife view everything as ours, doesnt really matter what the law says, The land is ours and the other part about being hers etc is if we split which I'm 100% wont happen.

Can I come an sit in on your English class when you start teaching in Thailand ????

LOL..Naive and delusional !!!..take it its your first marriage then, you will be suprised what happens if things go down the toilet (which I hope doesn't happen of course) as regards who owns what, but wouldnt worry about it, because if something does happen, you dont have a leg to stand on anyway in Thailand....the billionaire father-in-law and his mate the owner of Chang will see to that...

Can I come an sit in on your English class when you start teaching in Thailand ????

LOL..Naive and delusional !!!..take it its your first marriage then, you will be suprised what happens if things go down the toilet (which I hope doesn't happen of course) as regards who owns what, but wouldnt worry about it, because if something does happen, you dont have a leg to stand on anyway in Thailand....the billionaire father-in-law and his mate the owner of Chang will see to that...

Well for a girl wanting to split with me is like a girl that doesnt like shopping. When you look this good you would know what I mean.

Also if I become a english teacher I will tutor you if you like.

"Well for a girl wanting to split with me is like a girl that doesnt like shopping. When you look this good you would know what I mean.

Also if I become a english teacher I will tutor you if you like"

Mate...keep these replies coming.....you giving me a good laugh....Naive, delusional and arrogant...what a combination

"Well for a girl wanting to split with me is like a girl that doesnt like shopping. When you look this good you would know what I mean.

Mate...keep these replies coming.....you giving me a good laugh....Naive, delusional and arrogant...what a combination

I know you envy me, but how about you answer the question instead of trying to argue with someone who is as good looking as myself

I know you envy me, but how about you answer the question instead of trying to argue with someone who is as good looking as myself

Answered the question about 15 posts ago.....throw it to PTTEP...they way the O&G industry is going...will do well over the medium term...

:o:D :D

I had the owner of Beer chang at my wedding and i get unlimited beer when I make the move.

Why not sell these beers in the retail market ,u can make a killing ,on top of keeping the 5 MIL you wanted to invest

Answered the question about 15 posts ago.....throw it to PTTEP...they way the O&G industry is going...will do well over the medium term...

Not all in PPTEP, would spread it around a bit into PTT and PTTCHEM. But agree with almost half the entire capitalization of the SET, PTT and its subsidiaries is the way to go.

TH