Visa Advice For Uk

In 3 weeks time I'm getting married in Yasothon and will be needing to apply for a settlement visa for the UK as we intend to divide our time between the two countries. Just wondering if there's anything we need to include in the application that's not immediately obvious. I'm sure this has to be the best place to ask, as there seems to be vast amounts of accumulated knowledge around here! Thanks a lot.

In 3 weeks time I'm getting married in Yasothon and will be needing to apply for a settlement visa for the UK as we intend to divide our time between the two countries. Just wondering if there's anything we need to include in the application that's not immediately obvious. I'm sure this has to be the best place to ask, as there seems to be vast amounts of accumulated knowledge around here! Thanks a lot.

I wish you all the best my friend good luck to you both to get your wife a Uk visa,,,,I am afraid the Uk government is doing all it can to keep married UK and Thai couples living 6000 miles apart,,,,,I'm not sure if its something to do with global warming or keeping airtravel busy ,,,, one of the new ideas for setting the criteria for your visa will be to let you marry in Thailand then keep you apart for a number of years to see if you really love each other,,,I'm not sure this is the best start for marriage but you need to give this serious thought before you tie the knot. We have all but given up on the idea of geting a settlement visa for her and I am not prepared to live 6000 miles from my wife so I am going to pack in work in the UK and live in Thailand with her. Good luck mate all the best,,oh by the way I am financially secure in the UK good savings ,clear police record etc,,,,and my lady is a university graduate owns 2 houses and land no debts etc lives in the far North,,,,,,,,,,good luck mate!!!!!!!

My wife has been living in the UK for 11 years, it was hard then to get a visa, First, fiance Visa, when married indefinate stay visa, I wish you all the luck, you will need it, it is very hard now to obtain visas, and costly, have to speak english, i have a friend his wife has been here two tears, married, he has just extended her visa at a cost of 750 GBP, as she has not yet done the life in the UK test. best of luck.

Also, the way the UK is at the moment, wife wants to return to Thailand and a few of her friends also, the place has had it.

Edited by Thaicoon

My wife has been living in the UK for 11 years, it was hard then to get a visa, First, fiance Visa, when married indefinate stay visa, I wish you all the luck, you will need it, it is very hard now to obtain visas, and costly, have to speak english, i have a friend his wife has been here two tears, married, he has just extended her visa at a cost of 750 GBP, as she has not yet done the life in the UK test. best of luck.

Also, the way the UK is at the moment, wife wants to return to Thailand and a few of her friends also, the place has had it.

I fully intend to live in Thailand permanently in a couple of years, but need to get stuck into work for a couple of years to save a bit of money, last year I spent 4 months in Thailand with my girlfriend, and that's no way to get my money together, so I was hoping that she could spend most of her time with me in the UK for those 2 years, maybe it'd be better just to get a tourist visa a few times? You're right the UK is well and truly finished, and I can't get out quick enough, but unfortunately I need to earn a bit of dosh!

When you say 'divide your time' ....... how much time in each country?

Not sure, got to see how it works out....... as little time in UK as I can get away with!

In that case you have two options, neither of which are ideal.

Settlement Visa. However, as you're not intending to 'settle' it would be very easy for the ECO to catch your wife out in a lie and refuse the application. Plus, if your wife is returning to Thailand for extended periods, you may have problems obtaining FLR and then ILR should you need to stick it out for more than two years.

Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (for up to ten years) They take a little more prep-work, but as long as your relationship is genuine and you present your case properly they are obtainable. My then girlfriend got one a few years back without too much trouble. One downside if I remember correctly (I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong) is that she can only spend 6 months in every twelve in the UK.

As an above post, my wife has ILR in UK (MALAYSIAN) AND AS WE UNDERSTAND IT YOU HAVE TO BE BACK TO UK AT LEAST EVERY 2 YEARS. WE GO BACK FOR 1ST TIME LATER THIS MONTH SO WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS. aS FAR AS IMMIGRATION IN UK IS CONCERNED WE HAVE BEEN ON A 1 YEAR HOLIDAY - HAVE A HOLIDAY HOME HERE AS WE ALSO RETAINED A UK ADDRESS SO HOPEFULLY THE ILR WILL STAY OK. CANT AFFORD TO LIVE IN uk ANYWAY

FINGERS CROSSED !