Expats In Korat

tigerman1956

I understand there is a big modern shopping mall there. Your lady will love it. Khon Kaen has no such modern amenity, but I am not bored here. Always plenty of ladies to amuse and entertain you, if you don't have one of your own already. A full wallet and ATM card will relieve any boredom.

Although I dont live in Korat we are going to be there every weekend soon when my wife starts her degree at the university there, so if you want to meet up sometime for a drink or two then pm me.

Meanwhile have a look at the following site....very imformative.

HL :o

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\New Folder\One farang in Thailand - Korat guide.mht

Welcome to Korat then. There are activities like playing golf, hash house harriers had their first run last sunday, a couple of good food places as well. We do have quite a few expats up here for sure and join for a few cold ones on a regular basis. Sorry for Koratfarang, quite a few people do wait for their registration, I'll try to find out what has happened.

Korat is a good town. There is a local Veteran of Foreign Wars (VFW) post (mostly American), a few ex military live there year round and a lot visit when they are in Thailand. They do a lot of good in the local community. You can do a search on VFWs and look them up. I'll post again when I look up the Post/s number.

Addition to last post. VFW at Korat (http://www.vfw727.org/). I tried the link, but appears to be not active. I last visited there in June 2005 so I do not have current info. The is also a local (on-line) English newspaper "The Korat Post. It is not a daily thing but going to their web site will give some info etc,

Korat is a nice enough place to retire. Of course it depends what you are looking for in retirement. The best advice would be to go there and try it out for a couple of months and see if it suits you.