Blueray Dvd

Gravelrash

Saw a demo in Airport Plaza and the clarity is much better than DVD. I have been here a while so haven't seen the HDTV in the home country, as such it was interesting. Sony players are selling at 30,000 baht which of course isn't cheap, but would expect prices to drop as more brands come on the market.

For the well heeled there is also a Sony blueray unit at 70k that is also a computer with a remote keyboard so that the TV is the monitor. Player is even supposed to improve the look of your current DVD collection. Apparently there is a shop near Wat Prasing that sells the blueray discs.

Now that Sony's BlueRay for all practical purposes has won the HD battle against competing platforms (HD), consumers no longer are on the fence as to which way to go.

Also this time around Sony is going to license the technology to other vendors (after learning their lesson with the BetaMax versus VHS blunder),

BlueRay players from big box stores in the west are running ~ $350 - $400, and will steadily go down, next year look to see players for ~ $200 or less, :o

Edited by cobra

Hi P1p,

Noticed it when I went to the movies yesterday afternoon, bought it on the way back after the movie.

Thanks for the info though.

Regards

Where in CM can you buy a PS3? when I ask any assistants I get told "do not have"?

Get from the games shop in the 4th floor food court area of Airport Plaza.