I Didn't Go Looking For Love.

Radius

Radius,

You were warned about the cynics.

A lot of these people are just bitter because they came to Thailand for the wrong reasons, met the wrong people and got burnt. What did they expect? Just look at the sort of language they use it speaks volumes about them.

You are already allowing them to influence your view of this girl - just read your more recent posts. You don't need to justify yourself to these people. You are a grown-up and can make your own decisions.

As for the suggestion that nearly ALL Pattaya girls are whores - this guy has obviously spent a lot of time researching the subject. Does he sound as if he is enjoying his life?

Use your own experience and common sense, as you would at home. Take note of the horror stories but remember that most of the good news stories never get reported.

Most important - Don't take too much notice of the fuc*wits on this forum

Radius, don't pay too much attention to some of the losers on this board. I'm always quite amused by their stories. If I were in their position, I'd be embarrassed to admit that I was outsmarted by a "stupid" country girl. If the girl was that stupid, what's that make them? :o To have attitudes like they have must make for a miserable existence.

I will take my own path.

I am not influenced or worried to much about the 'horror' stories. I heard them before I posted allready.

But I must remain realistic and enjoy the experience at the same time.

I will however assume the best until proven otherwise and enjoy every minute of just thinking of her. :o

There is very much I want to know about her and that I want to tell her about me.

We must get comunications going first and then we will see where it all leads.

For now I have the info I need. I am with both feet on the ground with feelings of love for a woman many miles away from my current location.

It will be difficult but it is allready worth it. I have not felt as happy as this in a long time.

Assuming your not trolling which the smart money is you are,

Then begin reading as many posts as you can in the appropriate forums here to get some perspective.

Your story is not new, you will get a sense how it's likely to turn out, good or bad, :o

In Pattaya you never know…so make sure that she... is “a she” :o . But if you’re looking for just a friendship first, well I guess “doesn’t matter” at this point.

Love is something people have heard, but only few lucky ones have seen it - esp among thai-farang relationship. So walk slowly, look left right up down, esp when crossing a one way street.

Best of luck…come back and fill us in on chapter 2.

I think you story sounds really sweet and very similiar to how my parents met more than twenty years ago. My mom was a young woman from Isaan who had just moved to the big city. Neither could speak the other's language very well. But they are both hard working, intelligent, honest people and they've made things work out.

Of course, there are some women who are lazy and want an easy life with a rich foreign husband. And 99.9 percent of Thai women believe that marrying a foreigner provides a level of security that they won't find with most Thai women. That's only natural. But don't be a dunce and shower her with expensive gifts or make her believe that she is being bought. While your status may be important to her, successful relationships are built on love and understanding.

Good luck and I hope you find happiness with her when you return to Thailand!

I think you story sounds really sweet and very similiar to how my parents met more than twenty years ago. My mom was a young woman from Isaan who had just moved to the big city. Neither could speak the other's language very well. But they are both hard working, intelligent, honest people and they've made things work out.

Of course, there are some women who are lazy and want an easy life with a rich foreign husband. And 99.9 percent of Thai women believe that marrying a foreigner provides a level of security that they won't find with most Thai women. That's only natural. But don't be a dunce and shower her with expensive gifts or make her believe that she is being bought. While your status may be important to her, successful relationships are built on love and understanding.

Good luck and I hope you find happiness with her when you return to Thailand!

I think you mean with most Thai men.

But 99.9% ?? I bet its lucky to be 50%, unless we talking about Pattaya

many of them play the long term game.

after the meal , the men moved to one end of the table and the women to the other as happens here

There's a reason for that - whereas in Farangland men and women happily interact and enjoy each others company socially, here they have absolutely nothing in common and therefore rush to people with whom they can genuinely communicate. Having said that, I'm sure that there are the odd 1% who genuinely fall in love with each other, as happens in other countries between people from different cultures.

Im just shaking my head.

I cant believe some of the clueless things ive read on this topic. Some people deserve an uppercut

The truth is undoubtedy unfortunate, but the behaviour between farangs and their thai partners when out socially speaks for itself.

I just brought a parcel to the post office with a nice letter, some sweets (heart shaped) a little butterfly light and a postcard from my hometown.

It will not be in time for her birthday probebly but that is ok. I will call her on her birthday and congratulate her in Thai and tell her in Thai the parcel is coming. :o

I am finding the language not that difficult I just miss word knowledge. The grammer is easy because it pretty much does not excist, lol.

In the letter I have put some sweet words and some info on myself.

I am pretty excited to call her on her birthday because I know she will like not only me calling her but also me talking to her in Thai.

I hope we can get communications going soon so we can start to get to know one another better.