Two Elderly English Men Brutally Attacked Following Road Accident

Pattaya_Fox

Two Elderly English Men brutally attacked following road accident.

A scene of chaos greeted Police who were called to the “Made in Thailand” car park in North Pattaya in the early hours of Tuesday Morning. At the scene two foreign men were lying unconscious on the ground and a car and two pick-ups were damaged following an apparent collision. Mr. John Snelders aged 71 and Mr. Benjamin Lloyd aged 80, both from England eventually came round and received treatment for their injuries at the scene and were later transferred to Hospital. Both were inside their Toyota Vios pick-up, at the time of the crash. The driver of the car involved in the crash was Police Senior Sergeant Major Chiwit from Pattaya Police Station who was off-duty at the time. Two Thai Men in the other pick-up involved in the crash did not remain at the scene and were thought to have attacked the two elderly English Men, according to the Police Officer. He further explained that he was attempting to clear the accident with all three parties involved, however the two English Men were not cooperating. The other two Thai Men involved in the case proceeded to attack the two English men and ran away. Police are now searching for the two attackers at this time

Pattaya One News

post-15964-1212491794_thumb.jpgpost-15964-1212491810_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1212491823_thumb.jpgpost-15964-1212491833_thumb.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they were not co-operating ???

hmmm... probably they didnt accept the usual "you are Farang, means, accident is your fault" logic....

enjoy your stay in the "Land of Smiles" , gentlemen, wish u the best, and get well soon

why is the guys shorts pulled down & his ass hanging out in the first picture??? :o Seriously disturbing that these two could get their asses kicked by 2 thai men whilst a senior police officer was also present. Sounds well dodgy & a little like the BiB let them get on with it!!!.

Seriously disturbing that these two could get their asses kicked by 2 thai men whilst a senior police officer was also present.

Just another day in Thailand where thais treat farangs worse than dogs. Nothing new! Tough lesson for the older gentlemen, but they'll learn!

I'd say it's not entirely impossible that the English guys might have said something rude. Have seen it happen to much younger folks, both locals and foreigners.

Say something you know you shouldn't and the next thing you know, you're beaten unconscious with your shorts pulled down.

:o

For once I am speechless. What a disgrace. My old man is a similar age, and I know he would probably suffer some sort of permanent damage from a battering like this.

And what the hel_l was the copper doing whilst this was going on? I doubt they will ever be brought to justice, as it seems their actions were already condoned. The copper should be up on charges for this for letting this happen, and letting them get away.

I hope the old boys are OK, if either of you are members of TV I am sure we would all love to hear what really happened.

Get well soon.

I'd say it's not entirely impossible that the English guys might have said something rude. Have seen it happen to much younger folks, both locals and foreigners.

Say something you know you shouldn't and the next thing you know, you're beaten unconscious with your shorts pulled down.

Regardless of what may or may not have been said, there can be no justification for beating an 80 year old man unconscious, in any culture or society.

I thought the Thais were supposed to respect their elders. Obviously that only applies to Thai elders.

Possibly. Nothing excuses beating the crap out of a couple of old age pensioners though. Surely even you can see that?

That story has more holes in it than a sieve!

Hope the guys are alright.

Too true. A story where the truth will probably never be known (and the policeman will not be charged with anything) and, as someone else stated, this is going to have a seriously adverse effect on the two pensioners lifespans

Regardless of what may or may not have been said, there can be no justification for beating an 80 year old man unconscious, in any culture or society.

I thought the Thais were supposed to respect their elders. Obviously that only applies to Thai elders.

My feelings too, there are some people that i would never hit no matter what they said or did, kids, women, and men that cant defend themselves,.but thats me,.some of these thais it seems have no morals whatsoever, however we do have to bear in mind that most of these types populate Pattaya it seems,.,..

For this to happen is sick in itself, for this to happen in front of a senior so called copper truly defies belief.

This should be put in general topics to get a wider audience as someone may know the old boys and have details of their story, furthermore itd be good to send the details to some UK news outlets, 80yo Englishmen getting beaten up has to be news.

I am truly shocked.

Not saying it was justified.

How do you know the old guys didn't put up a good fight?

:D

Possibly. Nothing excuses beating the crap out of a couple of old age pensioners though. Surely even you can see that?

Again, I'm not excusing anything. I'm saying that sometimes a little thought before saying something will often save you a beating here... just like anywhere else in the world.

Just what you come to expect of cowardly thai men and and even more cowardly copper (probably knew the other 2 and told them to run). For a senior policeman at a minimum he should have the license plate number.

COVER UP WRITTEN ALL OVER IT.

And expect nothing from the BRITISH consulate because that is exactly what you will get

This is an absolute <deleted> disgrace! How low can these people go, it's bad enough having the usual muggings, but to attack 2 elderly men is beyond belief. With the recent events in Phuket and the ongoing attacks in Pattaya it makes you wonder just how long people will carry on visiting Thailand.

The next question is if and when they catch these attackers will justice be served. I doubt it!

Cheers, Rick

Again, I'm not excusing anything. I'm saying that sometimes a little thought before saying something will often save you a beating here... just like anywhere else in the world.

Heng, you truly are a <deleted>, these poor Grandads got bashed by some cowards and you are already siding with the missing defence.

Let's hope it's not you Grandfather that gets it next time eh? :o

Heng, you truly are a <deleted>, these poor Grandads got bashed by some cowards and you are already siding with the missing defence.

Let's hope it's not you Grandfather that gets it next time eh? :o

*Yawn* Not sure why you're feeling sensitive here. I'm not siding with anyone. I'm offering advice as to how to avoid beatdowns.

Well I hope someone sends this to the uk papers and they make it front page then when the tourists stop coming perhaps the Thai authorities will clean up this place but I somehow doubt it.

Edited by JohnC

No Country for Old Men

Get it on DVD now :o

Unfortunately as it is for them when your in your 70/80's, a handler may be appropriate,

it's a challenge to drive even when your on the top of your game in the LOS,

Edited by cobra