Foreign Man Attacked Following Domestic Dispute

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya One News: June 3rd 2008

Foreign Man attacked following domestic dispute with his Thai Wife at Beer Bar.

Police Major Witaya from Pattaya Police Station was called to Soi 10 off Pattaya Second Road in the early hours of Tuesday Morning following an incident which occurred at a Beer Bar located at the entrance to the street.

Police and volunteers subdued a foreign man known only as Alan aged 30. He had sustained serious head injuries but remained combative as he was taken to Hospital. The apparent victim of the assault was clearly intoxicated and was able to speak Thai.

It is thought he is a resident of Pattaya and is married to a Thai and an argument between Husband and Wife erupted in the Bar. On-lookers become involved in the domestic dispute which led to Mr. Alan sustaining the stated injuries.

Police are investigating.

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: June 3rd 2008

A much better report of the same incident below:

DRUNK, JILTED AMERICAN BASHES HIMSELF WITH BEER BOTTLE IN PATTAYA BEER BAR

On June 3, 2008, a number of Pattaya police officers attempted to calm down a drunken American who purported to be an ex-GI, who was in the process of beating himself on the head with a beer bottle in Sa-gnuen-Chai Beer Bar. He had been dumped by a Thai girl and was heart-broken. The man caused himself severe head wounds with blood streaming down all over his face and body.

At 4am on June 3, Pol.Lt.Col. Sompol Nak-kamphan, Pattaya Investigator, was notified by a staff member of Sa-gnuen-Chai Beer Bar, located in front of Soi 10, Pattaya 2nd Road, about the drunken antics of the supposed ex-GI and sent an investigative team.

At the scene, police officers found the American (30), his head wound bleeding profusely, with tattoos all over his body, wearing a black T-shirt and military camouflage trousers. The man was very intoxicated, insulting everyone who came near him and refusing help. The staff members of the bar told officers that the man was a regular customer, but today he had had a lot to drink and was apparently out of control. The man told the officers that he had been jilted by his Thai girlfriend and did not want to go back home after closing time. The staff told him that they were going to close the bar, but the drunken man ignored their pleas and started to hit himself with the beer bottle and hurt himself severely.

Police officers tried to calm him down in order to take the drunken man to the hospital for treatment, but he resisted and swore at the officers in Thai. Additionally, he kept repeated that he had been in the front line for 6 years during the Vietnam War, (a total impossibility, considering his age) and he wanted to be left alone.

The officers were concerned not only because the man was bleeding profusely, but also that he might constitute a threat to others and decided to seize him. Although the man resisted, causing the police difficulty, they eventually managed to get him under control. Sawang Boriboon Rescue immediately gave him first aid before taking him to Pattaya Memorial Hospital for treatment and to calm him down sufficiently for him to go home.

American (30), his head wound bleeding profusely, with tattoos all over his body, wearing a black T-shirt and military camouflage trousers.
he kept repeated that he had been in the front line for 6 years during the Vietnam War, (a total impossibility, considering his age)
At 4am
He had been dumped by a Thai girl

as a "pattaya stereotype" story , i doubt if it will ever be bettered.

it has all the ingredients that make these tales so enjoyable to read , but this one is unbeatable.

even the one about the drunken frenchman found tied to the bed with a ladyboy sitting on his face doesnt even come close.

Black t-shirt and camo pants. Another (SAS/Green Beret/Delta Force) wannabe by the sounds of it. Probably saw Rambo 3 and 4, and flew over Vietnam (once) on his way to Thailand.

When he sobers up, I hope someone reminds him that the Vietnam war ended 3 years before he was born. I know a couple of real vets in Pattaya that probably wouldn't take kindly to some punk claiming to have been there.

A (Thai) friend of mine saw my Afghanistan Vetran patch on my vest and wanted me to get him one. It took a couple of us to explain why he shouldn't wear something like that, and why I wouldn't bring him one (he just thought it would be a neat thing that few others would have).

At least this guy only hurt himself (this time).

On June 3, 2008, a number of Pattaya police officers attempted to calm down a drunken American who purported to be an ex-GI, who was in the process of beating himself on the head with a beer bottle in Sa-gnuen-Chai Beer Bar. He had been dumped by a Thai girl and was heart-broken. The man caused himself severe head wounds with blood streaming down all over his face and body.

At 4am on June 3, Pol.Lt.Col. Sompol Nak-kamphan, Pattaya Investigator, was notified by a staff member of Sa-gnuen-Chai Beer Bar, located in front of Soi 10, Pattaya 2nd Road, about the drunken antics of the supposed ex-GI and sent an investigative team.

At the scene, police officers found the American (30), his head wound bleeding profusely, with tattoos all over his body, wearing a black T-shirt and military camouflage trousers. The man was very intoxicated, insulting everyone who came near him and refusing help. The staff members of the bar told officers that the man was a regular customer, but today he had had a lot to drink and was apparently out of control. The man told the officers that he had been jilted by his Thai girlfriend and did not want to go back home after closing time. The staff told him that they were going to close the bar, but the drunken man ignored their pleas and started to hit himself with the beer bottle and hurt himself severely.

Police officers tried to calm him down in order to take the drunken man to the hospital for treatment, but he resisted and swore at the officers in Thai. Additionally, he kept repeated that he had been in the front line for 6 years during the Vietnam War, (a total impossibility, considering his age) :o and he wanted to be left alone.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000006186

Police officers tried to calm him down in order to take the drunken man to the hospital for treatment, but he resisted and swore at the officers in Thai. Additionally, he kept repeated that he had been in the front line for 6 years during the Vietnam War, (a total impossibility, considering his age) :o and he wanted to be left alone.

"Tuesday mornin, comin' down."

Makes me proud to be an American living in Thailand!!!! :D

Actually, it does look like he MIGHT have been in the military, perhaps... But somebody obviously got the wrong war here....

Ahh.... Thai ladies in Pattaya... enough to drive a man CRAZY!!!! :o

Yeah, this is libya's forum, how dare you! :D

Glad he mentioned that, because I thought my post was deleted for some reason (but it is actually in the other thread). :o

OK but what happened? Was he arrested for assault and bodily injury? He did assault himself.

I'd suggest the next plane out.

He should be charged with Alcohol Abuse ! What did that poor beer bottle ever do to deserve that kind of treatment ? :o

Isn't that the whole premise behind the "Don't Drink and Drive" campaigns in various countries ? If you drink and drive, you could spill your drink (and that would be alcohol abuse).

(Actually, I hear the newest campaign is going to be "Drink, Don't Drive", as it is cheaper to drink beer than it is to buy gasoline !)

OK but what happened? Was he arrested for assault and bodily injury? He did assault himself.

I'd suggest the next plane out.

He should be charged with Alcohol Abuse ! What did that poor beer bottle ever do to deserve that kind of treatment ? :D

Isn't that the whole premise behind the "Don't Drink and Drive" campaigns in various countries ? If you drink and drive, you could spill your drink (and that would be alcohol abuse).

(Actually, I hear the newest campaign is going to be "Drink, Don't Drive", as it is cheaper to drink beer than it is to buy gasoline !)

Not in the UK it aint! Beer £3 per pint x 8 pints = £24 per gallon. Gasoline approx £6 per gallon (don't bash me on the accuracy of that guesstimate it's been a while since I bought gasoline). But you can bet the chancellor is working on it. :o

their not that fookin clever

Harumph! Gentlemen, ladies! Kevin, exemplar extraordinaire of Brit intelligence, sense, taste, and manners, is back on our forum to post under his wide variety of usernames. Good on them stoopid Yanks savin' 'is mum & 'is dad so's 'e don't 'ave to speak Kraut now.

post-14882-1212732133_thumb.jpg

Kevin

Meet yers at The Dog's <deleted>, Patters, Kev. When's Liverpool?

Edited by JSixpack