I Want To Rent House/villa/bungalow

Hi there peeps,

I got another posting goin too about movin to Thailand.Decided to rent first.Im in the process of selling my UK house.When would the best time to enquire to web sites to find a place?Is there a certain amount of time before i can move into the property?I dont want to get sold here and find that there is alot of legalities to be sorted before i can be in a thai property.There again...i dont want to apply for the property too early...catch 22.To put it another way...lets say that i have sold my house today.I contact real estate agent and find out that i got to go through any lenghty proceedure.What in your opinion would the longest time id have to wait before movin in?

Also i found 1 property in Pattaya that is for sale.The same property has an option to rent aswell.Are there many properties that have this option?If i were to rent this house for a year,then it would give me time to see if i liked it and also time to get the limited company set up too.Im looking to spend up to 5 to 5.5 million THB.

I want to be no further than a 3 hour drive from Bkk airport so ive been lookin at Rayong/Pattaya areas and close to the sea if possible..

Im looking to rent and pay up to 35000 THB per month.Must be ok to allow pets and a pool would be a bonus but not necessary.If anyone knows of such a property,plz let me know.

Anyone know of any decent real estate websites and agents who speak good english?

THX

Glenn

• 1 month later...

directly with the house owner is simpler and faster, estate agents might want to do legalisties, checking on you financial status, visa and might want to force you into lenghty contract and pay large deposit.

but generally it's a simple process and with that high budget there wouldn't be a a problem to find something suitable within a few days.

buying is a different matter, unless you opt for an appartment in a condo.

if of interest, I do have 4 bedroom house on the outskirts of bangkok, 10k/month

With the current state of the UK house market I would suggest you hold off on the sale.

Rent in Thailand and check out all the areas before you part with money here.

Also be aware that as a foreigner you cannot own a house and the land it stands on.

I suggest you read the Real Estate forum in detail before you go any further

so you can understand the laws and situation in Thailand regarding property ownership.

sell your uk house asap before the coming recession will slash it's value by half

The prediction is 25% in last week's FT. :o

Not good news.

If you have a rentable property, better to hang on to it.

The market as to turn as some stage, and bricks and mortar

are safer than cash in today's climate of potential inflation. Sad to say. :D

Hi Glenn,

I agree with the other comments, either sell your place very quickly or be prepared to hang onto it for a couple of years or 3. I do not think you will have much of a problem finding a rental property or something to buy. If you are interested in living on the other side of the gulf of Thailand to Pattaya, then perhaps you could consider what I have here available for rent or purchase. It is a duplex, about a year old, and consists of a self contained single bed apartment upstairs with a 2 bedroom self contained house under. It is situated in a private village about 1.5km from the sea and the village has a large pool, tennis court, snooker table, small gym, restaurant, TV lounge and ping pong. The houses are mostly on small canals and there are 'swans' ( pedalo's) for the kids to play in as well as fishing if you have the mind. 24 hour security is included. The house has a large deck and a small 'tropical' garden with banana's, mango's, passion fruit, and a host of other fruits and trees, as well as chilli's and many palms around a grassed area with bar. Drive time to BKK is about 1 3/4 hours, and there is of course buses, trains and mini buses too. The area is quiet so if you are looking for a wild time then it is not for you. If you want more info then please let me know. Andrew