Where Is The Dump In Chiang Mai

wolfmanjack

Where is the closest garbage dump or landfill to Chiang Mai that i can take all of my garbage to?? I do not want to just dump it on the side of the road like i see many Thais doing. I know I know when in Rome but I do not want to do that.

Do you have a fence or a wall on your property? Just throw it over onto the other side. If you can no longer see it it is not there anymore..... :o

This really is a good thread. I have also wondered the same and am not about to dump it at the end of a dirt road.

Had the same problem, knew where all the Thais dump it up the road but didn't want to be like that. Thais are generally clean within their own space but just dump anything anywhere outside. Someone came by with a truck and offered for a fee to haul any junk/garbage away. We agreed if it was to be disposed of properly which they assured would be the case.

Next day recognized our garbage dumped up the road with the rest of it. Needless to say won't try that again.

Do you have a fence or a wall on your property? Just throw it over onto the other side. If you can no longer see it it is not there anymore..... :o

This really is a good thread. I have also wondered the same and am not about to dump it at the end of a dirt road.

yes i do have a wall but like i said i do not want to do as the Thais do in this regard.

Had the same problem, knew where all the Thais dump it up the road but didn't want to be like that. Thais are generally clean within their own space but just dump anything anywhere outside. Someone came by with a truck and offered for a fee to haul any junk/garbage away. We agreed if it was to be disposed of properly which they assured would be the case.

Next day recognized our garbage dumped up the road with the rest of it. Needless to say won't try that again.

I have tried to get my wife to ask the people that operate the garbage trucks in Hang Dong but she won't do it. I have also asked my workers and none of them seem to know.

You might try the provincial office, the man who handles complaints there can probably tell you. Yes, they have a special office for complaints but in Thai. Not that you have a complaint but he does provide helpful information and has spoken about trash disposal in the past. I recall he mentioned that there are several sort and burn facilities being used, controlled temperature for cleaner burns with scrubbers to clean the smoke discharge.