Overland Entry And Exit And Multiple Entry

Hmmmm. Now. See. Here's the plan:

I am a UK national.

Arrive into Thailand overland from Malaysia on the train to Hat Yai.

Travel all the way up through Thailand taking 3/4 weeks.

Exit at Houayxai into Laos.

Visit Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia.

Re-enter Thaind at Poipet from Cambodia.

Back to Bangkok.

Fly on to Macau on Air Asia.

Problems:

1) Entering by land.

2) EXITING BY LAND (ergo no proof of onward travel)

3) Re-entering from Cambodia (but this time with onward travel booked)

Is this at all possible??

If it is, how do I do it?? Is there any hope of booking some form of exit into Laos before arriving in Thailand (and thus having proof of onward travel)?? What visa do I need??

Advice please. (NB still at the planning stage so open to all suggestions)

Cheers!!

Should not be a problem.

Onward travel requirement for 30 day stay without visa is not normally enforced and is only a factor with some air travel.

Be sure you can show support requirement of 10,000 baht if asked but that may not happen either.

Do not overstay your entry - cross border into Laos before your 30 days are up.

Exit at Houayxai into Laos.

Visit Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia.

Re-enter Thaind at Poipet from Cambodia.

If it is, how do I do it?? Is there any hope of booking some form of exit into Laos before arriving in Thailand (and thus having proof of onward travel)?? What visa do I need??

Malaysia and Thailand no visa required for your length of stay...........not sure if you can get your Laos visa at Huay xai...........what i would do is plan on a week in Bangkok and pick up all the visas you will need i.e Laos , Vietnam? and Cambodia from the respective embassy's in Bangkok........might save you a lot of chew on later. Actually thinking about it you should be able to get the Laos visa at Chiang Khong on the Thai side...........still think i/d get the lot in Bangers though.

I kind of gathered about the Lao visa - I take it it'd be the same with regards Vietnamese/Cambodian visas (ie it's easier getting them in BANGKOK rather than from the UK/at the border crossings)??

Also with a visa on arrival I'm only entitled to 30 days, right??

Thanks again for your helpful words!!

I kind of gathered about the Lao visa - I take it it'd be the same with regards Vietnamese/Cambodian visas (ie it's easier getting them in BANGKOK rather than from the UK/at the border crossings)??

Also with a visa on arrival I'm only entitled to 30 days, right??

Thanks again for your helpful words!!

Thailand permits a 30 day stay for tourism purposes. The days of arrival and departure are counted as two days of the 30.

Two points missing: Vietnam, you must have a visa in advance. Get it in BKK, Wireless Road, between Plaza Athene Hotel and US-embassy. Price I forgot, should be around Baht 2000?

Cambodia: Overland not sure if all entry-places issue upon arrival, would get in advance. AFAIK Phnom Penh and Seam Reap airports do issue upon arrival but even then can be long waiting, first at the visa-counter (US$ 20.00 for tourist) than at the immigration counter. Both times you might have half a plane load in front of you.

pretty much exactly the same plans for my movements through the region, except i pass back into malaysia to fly out, and im oz passport.

im keen to know if the tourist visas i pick up in BK for laos, VN, and cambodia will have their stay periods 'activated upon arrival' ... rather than attempting to forecast where and when im going to be in a given country. if im truly indeterminate on my stays, am i relegated to picking up my visas as i step along the contries?

cheers.

pretty much exactly the same plans for my movements through the region, except i pass back into malaysia to fly out, and im oz passport.

im keen to know if the tourist visas i pick up in BK for laos, VN, and cambodia will have their stay periods 'activated upon arrival' ... rather than attempting to forecast where and when im going to be in a given country. if im truly indeterminate on my stays, am i relegated to picking up my visas as i step along the contries?

cheers.

Visa's are activated on entry.

nice information, appreciated.

re vietnam -

For Vietnam bear in mind, that entry points are generally only Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City or DaNang Airports. If your point of entry is different (e.g. by rail) you must request this specifically on your application form.

nice to note, .. would this have been evident to me as i read over the form? do other countries in the region have this, or other such requirement i might miss?

is anyone aware of a site that has photos of visa stamps/papers? so i can distinguish that i've got what im expecting (i've heard some tales of pho-stamps, and short-changing on stay lengths, etc).

cheers,

campbell.

.. would this have been evident to me as i read over the form?

having grabbed a copy of the form, and if i had just that, id say no.

14. Port of arrival and departure:

All international ports of entry in Vietnam

.. im pretty sure i'd have just written a depature, as it seems like its a blanket for all entry, but you dont call borders ports, and they are not 'in' Vietnam. id probably have pondered it (in absence of other information), and left it as is. i think i'd best print out all the forms and fill 'em in before i go using information i can readily access from home.

how do you go about a request? do you just write the crossing on the form and they'll sort you out?

im wondering how rigid they are on the stated departure port/crossing? if im unsure how im going to exit, will i get hassel if i go somewhere other than what i've put on the form?

tah.