Bangkok Tour Info

Hi All,

In December I am heading to Phuket for a week and then onto Bangkok for a few days before returning to Perth.

I have been over a few times before and done the River Kwai tour before and enjoyed that. I was just after any suggestions on a really worth while day tour. I have googled of course, but not sure what would be my best option. Travelling with 3 others first week in December. Thanks in advance :o

Also, Peter991, welcome to Perth (or back to Perth as the case may be)..I enjoy reading your Peter991.com site.

Thanks everyone

Hi bluemanna,

If you're staying in a good hotel, they're likely to have a whole variety of tours available for sale.

If not, pop in to the Landmark Hotel on Sukhumvit. There's a dedicated agent there (in a small office opposite the main elevators) that can help.

A good one is a trip from BKK (they pick you up in a mini bus from your hotel) take you to a coach around the corner... (very cumfy), from there you head North to Ayutthaya (the old Thai capitol). On the way you visit various temples, the floating market (arriving in a small canal boat), the summer palace, rose gardens, etc. And then returning via the river on a large boat where they feed you a buffet meal. Starts early (around 6am) and you get back to your hotel around 7pm (just in time to put on your glad-rags and hit the bars).

Hope this helps.

I have done that tour numerous times (taking family and friends), I've also sent people on the tour. It's a great hit with everyone. The boat ride back is particularly enjoyable--the last time I went, I sat in the tour bus and read the newspaper as i wasn't interested in anything (seen it too many times) just waiting for the boat trip back. Life along the river is so pleasant.

The hotels (I am sure yours will have one), usually have a tour agent and they can set you up with what you want from the 1/2 day tours to the all day stuff. They are good value for money and generally quite well organized.

Best of luck and have a good holiday.