Uk To Thailand : Anyone Flown Ryanair/easyjet Via Euro Hubs?

Trevor

Flight prices are pretty horrific in the height of the summer season. Best non-stop : £643 on EVA. Best stopping : Royal Jordanian £407, for a 2-month trip -- and I believe that one requires an overnighter in Amman.

Our European friends get better deals out of hubs like Amsterdam and Frankfurt. I was considering hopping over on a budget airline like Ryanair or Easyjet to connect from my local airport at Stansted. But things are not that simple. Budget airlines go to Frankfurt Hahn which is far from Frankfurt Main. And connecting times are difficult.

Has anyone here tried this route? Did it work, or was the hassle not worth the monetary saving? Thanks.

I wouldn't want to be the one flying on a budget airline with all the possible delays involved to make the connection. These are two separate tickets, not like connections on same ticket where your covered if you miss your connection. And its not as though the savings are gigantic are they, as it happens Eva air at that price is not bad if your dates are peak. Its the old story of the early bird catching the worm, same flight would have been available for £400 or so if your able to book ahead the 8 or 9 months ahead when the schedules come out...

£407 is pretty good.. i've flown Royal Jordanian before from Heathrow & they aint a bad outfit at all...

u have to overnight in Amman ? so what ! if you're coming for a month or two, one night is hardly gonna dent any plans is it ?

i'd snap that one up now (before it quickly vanishes)

£407 is pretty good.. i've flown Royal Jordanian before from Heathrow & they aint a bad outfit at all...

u have to overnight in Amman ? so what ! if you're coming for a month or two, one night is hardly gonna dent any plans is it ?

If you want to go really cheap try LTU , www.ltu.de , They have tickets for as low as 439 euro ( 300 pounds ?) round trip now in June...flying from amongst others Dusseldorf , direct flight. I normally use EVA or China Airlines but LTU is on that level....

If you want to go really cheap try LTU , www.ltu.de , They have tickets for as low as 439 euro ( 300 pounds ?) round trip now in June...flying from amongst others Dusseldorf , direct flight. I normally use EVA or China Airlines but LTU is on that level....

that link redirects to airberlin ??

from the search i've just done on that site for various dates throughout the year, the "300 pounds" you quote as round trip, is a one way fare only

or perhaps it is 300, then hiked up thru taxes to nearer 400 ?

what dates did u use for that quote? and from what airport?

that link redirects to airberlin ??

from the search i've just done on that site for various dates throughout the year, the "300 pounds" you quote as round trip, is a one way fare only

or perhaps it is 300, then hiked up thru taxes to nearer 400 ?

what dates did u use for that quote? and from what airport?

Hi there ,

yes is correct , LTU is the owner of Air Berlin....

I fly out to BKK next wednesday with LTU ( one way for 3 ) and paid 600 euro / 400 pounds..

Have a look for the 435 euro deal here :

http://www.bmair.nl/Vliegtickets/Azie/Vlie...and-Bangkok.htm

It is a Dutch ( I am Dutch) site but it has the LTU action ( scroll down on the page ) it is 435 euro including all taxes , direct from Dusseldorfto BKK which is a great deal for the quality you get..

At least it is a 1000% better then Biman Air hahahhaha, once and never again...

I think LTU/Air Berlin offers cheaper prices to continental Europeans than Brits, plus the journey is shorter.

I found convenient flights on Air Berlin from Stansted to Bangkok (saves me getting to Heathrow from Cambridge) but the prices were £719 - £1083 for a 2-month ticket July-September. Way too expensive. I guess they just like fleecing the Brits the same way as our own people do.

EVA £642 non-stop return is still the best deal (discounting Jordanian), but still expensive by continental European or Thai standards.

LTUis a recommendation! I always fly with them and no complaints.

Since they are taken over by Air Berlin, it is safe to assume that they have good connection flights across Europe that are interlinked with the long-haul flights.

Since they are taken over by Air Berlin, it is safe to assume that they have good connection flights across Europe that are interlinked with the long-haul flights.

LTU / Air Berlin is fine for continental Europeans long-haul to Asia -- but too expensive from the U.K., unfortunately. And, as someone else said, the budget carriers are not relaiable enough to connect with long-hauls eastbound out of continental Europe.

Looks like I'm stuck with the usual suspects: EVA, Thai, or transitting in the Mid-East with Gulf, Etihad or Emirates. Anyone tried Jet Air, the new Indian carrier from London to Bangkok via Bombay?

LTU / Air Berlin is fine for continental Europeans long-haul to Asia -- but too expensive from the U.K., unfortunately. And, as someone else said, the budget carriers are not relaiable enough to connect with long-hauls eastbound out of continental Europe.

Looks like I'm stuck with the usual suspects: EVA, Thai, or transitting in the Mid-East with Gulf, Etihad or Emirates. Anyone tried Jet Air, the new Indian carrier from London to Bangkok via Bombay?

I have flown on Jet Airways many times inside India and knowing the high standards

they have tried to attain since they were first established I would be surprised if they

weren't trying to ofer a good service internationally.