Spouse Visa Expiry Date

See also 1.3 - Validity of entry clearance and leave to enter.

Also, from What will happen when I make my application?

If you have been granted entry clearance as a husband, wife, civil partner, or unmarried or same-sex partner, you will need to enter the UK within 28 days of the start date shown on your visa. You should tell the Entry Clearance Officer the exact date on which you will be travelling before your visa is issued. (You can ask for it to be post-dated for up to three months if you do not plan to travel immediately)
Edited by vinny

See also 1.3 - Validity of entry clearance and leave to enter.

Also, from What will happen when I make my application?

If you have been granted entry clearance as a husband, wife, civil partner, or unmarried or same-sex partner, you will need to enter the UK within 28 days of the start date shown on your visa. You should tell the Entry Clearance Officer the exact date on which you will be travelling before your visa is issued. (You can ask for it to be post-dated for up to three months if you do not plan to travel immediately)

Good advice, if you travel to the uk after the 28 days you are likely to ind that you will have to pay a hefty fee to get that visa extended for perhaps just a few weeks befor you can apply for the LLR, for which you will again have to pay ahefty fee for.

Just a thought, if for any reason you find yourself in a situation where you have to delay your arrival in the uk beyond the 28 days then dont be shy, go to the embassy again explain the situation and I am sure they will stamp your current spouse visa

with the all important "cancelled withut prejudice" and replace it with a later dated visa for you.

I got them to do this for me at the swedish embassy in london for my thai wife at no charge so it shouldnt be too difficult to arrange in the UK embassy in BKK,perhaps a small fee might be require but this will be a lot less than what you must pay to have the visa extended when you are living in the uk.

Roy gsd