Visa For Our Indonesian Maid

Hello we are moving to Bangkok soon.We would love to bring our indonesian maid with us.I am hearing many conflicting stories,yes you can no problem,no chance ,sure but she should get a education visa and do some study.

Does anyone know the real story?

Thanks

Kev

Hello we are moving to Bangkok soon.We would love to bring our indonesian maid with us.I am hearing many conflicting stories,yes you can no problem,no chance ,sure but she should get a education visa and do some study.

Thanks

Kev

Check out related threads but all seem to point out she will need a Non Immigrant "B" Visa, a work permit, some qualifications, and pay taxes on a minimum B40,000 monthly wage. Bummer

Good Luck

Thanks

Kev

No not at this time at Bangkok. Only in cases that were grandfathered in last year and before. We had 100’s of these cases approved before, many with expats with multi nationals but the current Labor Dept in Bangkok does not allow it. We still have around 100 cases or so that have the job title of maid in the work permit.

The only solution in Bangkok that some maids have done is getting an educational visa. This of course does not allow her to work legally or apply for a work permit.

The other district that will allow her to get a work permit is if your residence is in Nonthaburi Dept. If you will be living in this province, and had paid Thai tax of 50,000 Baht last year she can qualify.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com